driving test hints? (1 Viewer)

miche11e

HSC
Hey, im doing my driving test in chatswood and i was wondering if anyone has any hints that will help. I'm not very familiar with the area, but i know that all the streets are tiny and there are all these one lane slow points and one lane speed humps and all of my friends told me its a hard area to pass in, so any help would be appreciated.
If you pull over to the side of te road to let someone going the other way pass, do you have to put your blinker on entering and exiting the kerb? I was so much happier when it was booked in Ryde :(

sparkerasp

HSC
miche11e said:
If you pull over to the side of te road to let someone going the other way pass, do you have to put your blinker on entering and exiting the kerb?
I'm quite sure that if less than half your car is not on the side of the road (using the front parked car as a guide) then you don't have to indicate (as shown below). [just pretend that the "<" are not there. They're just there because more than one press of the space bar doesn't seem to show on these forums.]

l------l
lpark l
l ed l
l____l

<<<l------l
<<<l you l
<<<l car l
<<<l____l

But if at least half your car is on the side, then yes indicate (as shown below).

l------l
lpark l
l ed l
l____l

-<l------l*
-<l you l
-<l car l
-<l____l*

There are figures (like if you need to pull out more than 10m or something then you have to indicate), but I just like to use the above diagrams as indicators cause they're just easier to remember :)

If you're on a narrow road, then do indicate every time you pull out because I imagine that every time to pull in the let an opposite car pass you will have to pull in a substantial amount (i.e. more than the distance recommended that you don't have to indicate to pull out).

Good luck on your driving test :)

Last edited:

miche11e

HSC
thanks very much :D this information is very helpful and will hopefully help me pass :)

miche11e

HSC
haha cos its my username on other games and forums and i didnt want to get confused.

samwell

HSC
who has done the test in Lidcombe?
RTA bastards closed the Parramatta one. Its like one of the best

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
samwell said:
who has done the test in Lidcombe?
I hear they make you do max doughies in the gravel and shit near the station.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
I did my test @ Chatswood. I have a few tips for you

If you are driving around/through the Westfield, the Speed limit is 40km/h (I almost got sprung!)

When you enter the Chicanes (One lane slow points) indicate right into them

Always look over your back shoulder when reversing (they are very pedantic about this)

There are plenty of stop signs. If you get taken past Willoughby Girls High School (on the back streets heading North) there is a stop sign and a give way sign very close to eachother

You are most likely going to be taken way out of the suburb. We went as far south as Cammeray, and others I have known have been taken out across the Roseville Bridge/ Castle Cove

Finally, hope you get the old guy! He is very talkative and makes the test a lot less stressful

Best of Luck!!!

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Wow, when did you do your test? I did mine August last year, maybe it was under the more relaxed restrictions because I sure didn't go anywhere even as far as Cammeray. Yeah, I got an old guy, he wasn't very talkactive bu old people give you a sense of being nice and easy, so that relaxed me.

I started at the RTA (lol yeah where else would I start?) cut across Victoria Ave to that road parallel to it on the north side, went up some streets and ended up on Mowbray Road, then went turned left at the corner where the church is, went back in, and came out at some weird roundabout, then somehow got back to the RTA. So nowhere near Westfield or anywhere else, really. Got a tricky narrow two-way street near Mowbray Road where I had to give way. So yeah.

gernie8668

HSC
N/A
just hope u dont get the stupid CURRY tester at chatswood he is a fag who goes out of his way to fail people he failed my mate for not indicating once NO JOKE ive seen the score sheet.

he deliberatly tries to get you to fail absolute cunt.
he also failed another friend of mine because he said he didnt leave his indicator for the 5 seconds that your ment to when leaving the kurb and actually said that he had left it on for 4 seconds like wtf
fucking curry's

boris

Banned
HSC
well your dumb cunt mate did not indicate so stfu and tell him to learn to indicate and he wont fail??

Edit: like seriously its not hard to indicate

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
gernie8668 said:
just hope u dont get the stupid CURRY tester at chatswood he is a fag who goes out of his way to fail people he failed my mate for not indicating once NO JOKE ive seen the score sheet.

he deliberatly tries to get you to fail absolute cunt.
he also failed another friend of mine because he said he didnt leave his indicator for the 5 seconds that your ment to when leaving the kurb and actually said that he had left it on for 4 seconds like wtf
fucking curry's

I had the old guy at chatswood and he keeps telling me to drive faster ROFL. Try to aviod doing your test during school hours. Some studpid kid stood in a school crossing for 10 secs (i waited for him) and I decided to go and he ran across the road >.>

Last edited:

sparkerasp

HSC
gernie8668 said:
he also failed another friend of mine because he said he didnt leave his indicator for the 5 seconds that your ment to when leaving the kurb and actually said that he had left it on for 4 seconds
That is extremely harsh and very stingy marking.

boris said:
well your dumb cunt mate did not indicate so stfu and tell him to learn to indicate and he wont fail??

Edit: like seriously its not hard to indicate
It's not hard to sign yourself up for a test and try the thing yourself either.

z600 said:
Some studpid kid stood in a school crossing for 10 secs (i waited for him) and I decided to go and he ran across the road
Well, you kinda should have waited :S as it was a school crossing and not a pedestrian crossing.

sparkerasp

HSC
Exphate said:
It's not harsh or stingy. It's marking TO THE BOOK.

If they weren't 'harsh or stingy' there'd be even more sub-par drivers on the road, no?
Yes, I entirely support them for being harsh in many of the particulars. But for something like indicating for 4 seconds rather than 5 seconds only once throughout the test when pulling out of the kerb, it isn't very logical to fail someone just because of such as small counting discrepancy in such a situation.

E

efast

two tips for common fails

too many guys run the yellow light-> instant fail

didn't see trickly placed stop signs in small streets, and drive through -> instant fail

boris

Banned
HSC
sparkerasp said:
That is extremely harsh and very stingy marking.

It's not hard to sign yourself up for a test and try the thing yourself either.

Well, you kinda should have waited :S as it was a school crossing and not a pedestrian crossing.
I already did and passed becuase i indicated long enough?? Like a long time ago lol.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
sparkerasp said:
I'm quite sure that if less than half your car is not on the side of the road (using the front parked car as a guide) then you don't have to indicate (as shown below). [just pretend that the "<" are not there. They're just there because more than one press of the space bar doesn't seem to show on these forums.]

l------l
lpark l
l ed l
l____l

<<<l------l
<<<l you l
<<<l car l
<<<l____l

But if at least half your car is on the side, then yes indicate (as shown below).

l------l
lpark l
l ed l
l____l

-<l------l*
-<l you l
-<l car l
-<l____l*

There are figures (like if you need to pull out more than 10m or something then you have to indicate), but I just like to use the above diagrams as indicators cause they're just easier to remember :)

If you're on a narrow road, then do indicate every time you pull out because I imagine that every time to pull in the let an opposite car pass you will have to pull in a substantial amount (i.e. more than the distance recommended that you don't have to indicate to pull out).

Good luck on your driving test :)
also, if you are moving your car more than a metre in the swerve you should glance over your shoulder to check your blind spot. very important, you could lose points if you don't, hope i got you in time i was too lazy to read when your test was

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)