Thread: driving test hints?

HSC

Red face driving test hints?

Hey, im doing my driving test in chatswood and i was wondering if anyone has any hints that will help. I'm not very familiar with the area, but i know that all the streets are tiny and there are all these one lane slow points and one lane speed humps and all of my friends told me its a hard area to pass in, so any help would be appreciated.
    If you pull over to the side of te road to let someone going the other way pass, do you have to put your blinker on entering and exiting the kerb? I was so much happier when it was booked in Ryde
    HSC 2008: English adv=78 - SOR 1u=41 - Ext 2 Maths=91 - Ext 1 maths=92 - physics=73 - software=86

UAI = 90.15 >>> doing mechanical & mechatronic engineering at UTS (2009 - 2014)

HSC

Re: driving test hints?

Quote Originally Posted by miche11e
    If you pull over to the side of te road to let someone going the other way pass, do you have to put your blinker on entering and exiting the kerb?
    I'm quite sure that if less than half your car is not on the side of the road (using the front parked car as a guide) then you don't have to indicate (as shown below). [just pretend that the "<" are not there. They're just there because more than one press of the space bar doesn't seem to show on these forums.]

l------l
    lpark l
    l ed l
    l____l

<<<l------l
    <<<l you l
    <<<l car l
    <<<l____l

But if at least half your car is on the side, then yes indicate (as shown below).

l------l
    lpark l
    l ed l
    l____l

-<l------l*
    -<l you l
    -<l car l
    -<l____l*

There are figures (like if you need to pull out more than 10m or something then you have to indicate), but I just like to use the above diagrams as indicators cause they're just easier to remember

If you're on a narrow road, then do indicate every time you pull out because I imagine that every time to pull in the let an opposite car pass you will have to pull in a substantial amount (i.e. more than the distance recommended that you don't have to indicate to pull out).

Good luck on your driving test
    Last edited by sparkerasp; 17 Nov 2008 at 8:32 AM.

HSC

thanks very much this information is very helpful and will hopefully help me pass
    HSC 2008: English adv=78 - SOR 1u=41 - Ext 2 Maths=91 - Ext 1 maths=92 - physics=73 - software=86

L
    L 当前离线
    HSC
    N/A
    Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin it up

miche11e.

why did you substitute the L's in your name with 1's?
    It's all about the culture,
    neva been about the money

HSC

haha cos its my username on other games and forums and i didnt want to get confused.

HSC

who has done the test in Lidcombe?
    RTA bastards closed the Parramatta one. Its like one of the best
    " Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction" Albert Einstein

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by samwell
    RTA bastards closed the Parramatta one. Its like one of the best
    it moved next to westfield, dumbass

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by samwell
    I hear they make you do max doughies in the gravel and shit near the station.

HSC
    N/A

^ROFL!

Trent FTW
    Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) III @ UWS

*Yawn
    HSC
    N/A

I did my test @ Chatswood. I have a few tips for you

If you are driving around/through the Westfield, the Speed limit is 40km/h (I almost got sprung!)

When you enter the Chicanes (One lane slow points) indicate right into them

Always look over your back shoulder when reversing (they are very pedantic about this)

There are plenty of stop signs. If you get taken past Willoughby Girls High School (on the back streets heading North) there is a stop sign and a give way sign very close to eachother

You are most likely going to be taken way out of the suburb. We went as far south as Cammeray, and others I have known have been taken out across the Roseville Bridge/ Castle Cove

Finally, hope you get the old guy! He is very talkative and makes the test a lot less stressful

Best of Luck!!!

HSC

^^Wow, when did you do your test? I did mine August last year, maybe it was under the more relaxed restrictions because I sure didn't go anywhere even as far as Cammeray. Yeah, I got an old guy, he wasn't very talkactive bu old people give you a sense of being nice and easy, so that relaxed me.

I started at the RTA (lol yeah where else would I start?) cut across Victoria Ave to that road parallel to it on the north side, went up some streets and ended up on Mowbray Road, then went turned left at the corner where the church is, went back in, and came out at some weird roundabout, then somehow got back to the RTA. So nowhere near Westfield or anywhere else, really. Got a tricky narrow two-way street near Mowbray Road where I had to give way. So yeah.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Graney
    I hear they make you do max doughies in the gravel and shit near the station.
    hahaha

HSC
    N/A

just hope u dont get the stupid CURRY tester at chatswood he is a fag who goes out of his way to fail people he failed my mate for not indicating once NO JOKE ive seen the score sheet.

he deliberatly tries to get you to fail absolute cunt.
    he also failed another friend of mine because he said he didnt leave his indicator for the 5 seconds that your ment to when leaving the kurb and actually said that he had left it on for 4 seconds like wtf
    fucking curry's

HSC

well your dumb cunt mate did not indicate so stfu and tell him to learn to indicate and he wont fail??

Edit: like seriously its not hard to indicate

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by gernie8668
    just hope u dont get the stupid CURRY tester at chatswood he is a fag who goes out of his way to fail people he failed my mate for not indicating once NO JOKE ive seen the score sheet.

he deliberatly tries to get you to fail absolute cunt.
    he also failed another friend of mine because he said he didnt leave his indicator for the 5 seconds that your ment to when leaving the kurb and actually said that he had left it on for 4 seconds like wtf
    fucking curry's

I had the old guy at chatswood and he keeps telling me to drive faster ROFL. Try to aviod doing your test during school hours. Some studpid kid stood in a school crossing for 10 secs (i waited for him) and I decided to go and he ran across the road >.>
    Last edited by z600; 9 Jan 2009 at 1:30 PM.
    Do you need tutoring in Eco, business and Maths? If Yes, PM. North Shore Only

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by gernie8668
    he also failed another friend of mine because he said he didnt leave his indicator for the 5 seconds that your ment to when leaving the kurb and actually said that he had left it on for 4 seconds
    That is extremely harsh and very stingy marking.

Quote Originally Posted by boris
    well your dumb cunt mate did not indicate so stfu and tell him to learn to indicate and he wont fail??

Edit: like seriously its not hard to indicate
    It's not hard to sign yourself up for a test and try the thing yourself either.

Quote Originally Posted by z600
    Some studpid kid stood in a school crossing for 10 secs (i waited for him) and I decided to go and he ran across the road
    Well, you kinda should have waited :S as it was a school crossing and not a pedestrian crossing.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Exphate
    It's not harsh or stingy. It's marking TO THE BOOK.

If they weren't 'harsh or stingy' there'd be even more sub-par drivers on the road, no?
    Yes, I entirely support them for being harsh in many of the particulars. But for something like indicating for 4 seconds rather than 5 seconds only once throughout the test when pulling out of the kerb, it isn't very logical to fail someone just because of such as small counting discrepancy in such a situation.

efast

two tips for common fails

too many guys run the yellow light-> instant fail

didn't see trickly placed stop signs in small streets, and drive through -> instant fail

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by sparkerasp
    That is extremely harsh and very stingy marking.

It's not hard to sign yourself up for a test and try the thing yourself either.

Well, you kinda should have waited :S as it was a school crossing and not a pedestrian crossing.
    I already did and passed becuase i indicated long enough?? Like a long time ago lol.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by sparkerasp
    I'm quite sure that if less than half your car is not on the side of the road (using the front parked car as a guide) then you don't have to indicate (as shown below). [just pretend that the "<" are not there. They're just there because more than one press of the space bar doesn't seem to show on these forums.]

l------l
    lpark l
    l ed l
    l____l

<<<l------l
    <<<l you l
    <<<l car l
    <<<l____l

But if at least half your car is on the side, then yes indicate (as shown below).

l------l
    lpark l
    l ed l
    l____l

-<l------l*
    -<l you l
    -<l car l
    -<l____l*

There are figures (like if you need to pull out more than 10m or something then you have to indicate), but I just like to use the above diagrams as indicators cause they're just easier to remember

If you're on a narrow road, then do indicate every time you pull out because I imagine that every time to pull in the let an opposite car pass you will have to pull in a substantial amount (i.e. more than the distance recommended that you don't have to indicate to pull out).

Good luck on your driving test
    also, if you are moving your car more than a metre in the swerve you should glance over your shoulder to check your blind spot. very important, you could lose points if you don't, hope i got you in time i was too lazy to read when your test was
    Quote Originally Posted by McLoving View Post
    whats wong with being chinese?

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Exphate
    It's not about logic.

It's about the rules.
    agreed. why can't people understand this? "i didn't indicate once" seems like a small thing, but the guidelines say it is a big thing, THEREFORE IT IS A BIG THING.

its just the way it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by McLoving View Post
    whats wong with being chinese?

HSC

hey
    i failed the first time i did it for rules that i didnt even know existed.
    1. Even if you are not at the front of the line of traffic at traffic lights and you are going straight on you MUST look left and right for hazards.
    2. When you turn into a street your wheels must be straight while your waiting to turn. Only when you begin the turn should you turn your wheels.

And you definitely have to indicate before you pull in and leave the curb for atleast 5 seconds.

Good luck, i hope you pass

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Azamakumar View Post
    it moved next to westfield, dumbass
    I noe freak!!!
    They dont do the driving test in Parra anymore. Its like the easiest route ever. Well silverwater is way easier
    Last edited by samwell; 1 Feb 2009 at 11:18 AM.
    " Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction" Albert Einstein

HSC

The driving test was soo easy for me!
    Do the test in a country town, your almost certian to pass!
    I just had to drive around for 30 min, do a three point turn in a REALLY wide street, and do a kerbside stop. I even pulled out in front of someone because i didnt see them, and the lady just said if you were in the city you would have failed for that because they would have been driving much faster.
    But seriously, if your a good driver and you overcome the nerves, the only way you should fail is on a stupid error like not indicating long enough.

Thread Information