Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Squar3root

Thread: How to fake logbook odometer?

HSC
    N/A

How to fake logbook odometer?

Hi guys, I just got my Learners recently... and I'm really hoping to drive quite immediately once I turn 18. And don't worry, I intend to do mostly legit hours, it's just whenever I drive with instructors there may be a large gap of time in between which I want filled rather than nothing there at all.

I've been driving with instructors and my parents and... I mean yeah, I fill out the odometer readings before and after, but I still don't know how it works. Especially when it comes to making fake entries. Call me clueless, I guess, and I apologise to anyone with common sense that are reading this. But yeah, can anyone fill me in on it? I've been reading other threads saying just look on google maps to help out with the kms... and I still don't know how to interpret that. Again, sorry.

I guess, for an example I start on 152290, and I take a 30 minute drive to school and back staying mostly around 70...

HSC

Re: How to fake logbook odometer?

basically you can log your odo a few times legitimately, then just use a calculator and add kms based on the distances in google maps.

likely they won't check your odo in the car, but if you're paranoid, you can say you drove another car if you had one, and then use the other one on the day.

if you want to know how many kms without logging before/after, just google maps the distance from your house to your school, then add accordingly.
    Bachelor of Applied Finance and Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting) at MQ.

HSC 2016: English Advanced, Math 3U, Math 4U, Chemistry, Business Studies

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyInspired View Post
    basically you can log your odo a few times legitimately, then just use a calculator and add kms based on the distances in google maps.

likely they won't check your odo in the car, but if you're paranoid, you can say you drove another car if you had one, and then use the other one on the day.

if you want to know how many kms without logging before/after, just google maps the distance from your house to your school, then add accordingly.
    this lol. my dad ended up googling the distances. But personally I'd just take a gamble, but he wanted to do it since he didnt do it when he was meant to.

Chances are they arent looking at ur odometer numbers, the log book is just as disgustingly formatted for the instructors imo

HSC
    Uni Grad

Just say you spent 1 hr parking and put 5km down for the odo
    sinophile likes this.
    Free MX1 Notes: http://tinyurl.com/freeMX1notes
    B Engineering (I have no idea anymore) @UNSW IV

HSC

why bother going to all this effort they dont look at it anyway

they will browse through your log book for a few seconds before asking you to get in your car for the test

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo 2 View Post
    why bother going to all this effort they dont look at it anyway

they will browse through your log book for a few seconds before asking you to get in your car for the test
    They actually went through my logbook pretty hardcore when I did my test. Wasn't a problem anyway since it was all legit.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Buy a really, really cheap car, never drive it, sell it to a wreckers before your test (or you can just log it with other peoples are... Or log hours where other people are driving you and just get them to sign off on it)... Where's the car to check the odometer? it has since been sold... Done...

If you really, really want to go into that much effort... I'll tell you now though, Vicroads, RMS or whatever you call those pack of shysters, won't really bother going into that amount of effort...
    Last edited by wannaspoon; 20 May 2017 at 9:49 PM.

Thread Information