Dance Core Appreciation (1 Viewer)

pipanella

Hi everyone!!!

How'd you find that exam???

I felt the questions were fair and unfortunately i had too much to write for just one hour, but luckily finished on time! I don't think my answer on ochres was really written in the genre of a newspaper review but hopefully i answered the quetions right...lots of stuff about organisation of the colours and movement, themes and meanings...pretty straight forward things i guess...and Rooster is my favourite so that wasn't a problem..but we'll see when results are released i suppose!!!

..i was the only one in my class who did major work performance, so the rest of my class are still in the exam room doing an appreciation major work...i have another exam this arvo...so i betta go study (For the second last time!!! YAY).

...best of luck to you all...

lauren_rose

i agree.. i generally thought they were fair...
rooster was a breeze! pretty generic, could talk about anything to do with conveying intent!
i included music, motif and development, costuming, choreography, background and i think thats it.... but yeah i loved that question....
ochres was a little harder... organization??
im not sure what i did was right but i did it in newspaper format and wrote about general format, colours, collaboration of music and movement and djakapurra opening and ending, basically saying that this organisation provided unity to the work... then blabbed a little as if it was a review giving it stylistic value and usin words like superb and stuff.....
hope this is right???
overall pretty good though!

hoofhearted

yeahh.. well we had no idea that we would have to write a review? lol we just thought they would be essays so all i did was put a heading and a "picture" then wrote an essay really, although i screwed up badly.. oh well, its over.. never again!

-cathie-

HSC
lauren_rose said:
ochres was a little harder... organization??
im not sure what i did was right but i did it in newspaper format and wrote about general format, colours, collaboration of music and movement and djakapurra opening and ending, basically saying that this organisation provided unity to the work... then blabbed a little as if it was a review giving it stylistic value and usin words like superb and stuff.....
hope this is right???
overall pretty good though!
Organisation of dance is one of the main aspects of dance composition.. the Syllabus defines it as the:

Formal structure
Sequencing
Transitions
Unity
Variety and Contrast
Repetition

So it sounds like you were on the right track... = ) Just had to discuss everything in the context of those 6 elements....

pinkballerina18

HSC
Bring back ballet!

I just want to say...I wish the B.O.S would bring back the ballet course...I mean dance is fun, but they should have another strand just for all the ballet freaks...LOL. If only I did my HSC in 1999. Then I would be happy! Does anyone know why they got rid of it anyway? Was it because not enough people did it or something?

Monz

HSC
I think they were fair, but i didn't study incredibly hard, and so i bombed out, i know that my pracs were good though, so they should carry me through...hopefully, lol.

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
where are u guys studying dance??
and do any of you guys have a dance job outside of school?
i'm coming abroad, from toronto, canada, in february and i was thinking trying to get a dance job while i was there!!! i really wanted to take a class as one of my electives but unforutantely i think it is too late for me to still register as i need to record myself performing and then send it off to the course director at uws!

anyhow any info would be awesome :)
take care and good luck with the rest of your exams
Mel

hurs

HSC
Re: Bring back ballet!

pinkballerina18 said:
I just want to say...I wish the B.O.S would bring back the ballet course...I mean dance is fun, but they should have another strand just for all the ballet freaks...LOL. If only I did my HSC in 1999. Then I would be happy! Does anyone know why they got rid of it anyway? Was it because not enough people did it or something?

I'm not completley sure, but i think its because they are phasing out the dance course all together bacause it has no educational merit whatsoever. I think the BOS finally realised how ludicrous the idea of trying to pass off dancing as education is...

Joel99

HSC

Ayup, I'm pretty sure your right Hurs. The BOS have officially stated that 'Dance' has no educational merit and will be phased out of the HSC course by 2007.

I can't say im suprised either, seriously what have you learnt? How to screw around in class all day?

shepwarp

HSC

I reckon they're going to phase out music in tasmania soon... and just record your AMEB qualifications on your TCE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)