How to really improve at French continuers quickly!! or should i just drop it. (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
So I've started year 12 and I may or may not be continuing French. The main reason is that I have 14 units (yikes I know) cos I picked up history extension, Cos I am coming first in all my history subjects.

I'm also not sure whether I can get a high band 5 to 6 in French as it requires you to pretty much be at a good intermediate fluency level by term 3 next year. I'm doing average at the moment. I got 11/ 15 for speaking yearly which is sort of mid second band. I did average in reading and responding and did kind of bad with listening 13/ 20. But I really like learning French which is why I'm posting this. How to improve French quickly.
If I don't improve at French I'll have to drop it cos I have too many units. I'm not doing terrible, but to get a high ATAR I have to get band 5 to 6. I'm a bit concerned because my older sister did it and had pretty good french skills, reading, writing speaking and got oly a mid band 4. She was so so disappointed, which worries me because I don't think I am as good as her.
Or should i just drop it? I'm not sure. dropping it would give me study periods (two extensions). Not dropping it would mean doing 13 units cos I am doing good in all other subjects. I need to really make a decision before the workload of 14 units impacts negatively on all my subjects.
thanx!!!

memblue

HSC
hey, me again, i am also thinking of dropping French as i have 14 units overall for my hsc and 12 units for this coming year ( i have done two accelerated)
for the past exam i got
Listening: 18 sur 20
Reading & Responding Part A: 14 sur 15
Reading & Responding Part B: 11 sur 15
Writing: 2 sur 5
Speaking: 13 sur 15

so you can see that i am pretty horrible, especially at writing and speaking, in comparison to our year
with listening, if that is your weak point - i would definitely suggest watching heaps of French movies (with or without subtitles) it helps so much! and also listening to a lot for slower French songs , it helps me
listening is probably my forte so that's what i do and yeah i hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)