Maths vs. English (1 Viewer)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
What do you prefer and why?

Myself, I can't stand maths, I never have and I never will. I'm not doing maths for my HSC. But I am doing 4 units of english.

I love english because you actually have to think about things yourself and apply what you believe to them. There's also the creativity thing. I love EE2 because there's so much freedom, it's the best!

Maths is set in concrete, it's black or it's white, it's right or wrong. I was also terrible at it for the years that I was doing it at school. I hate it...

But what does everyone else think?

Ellie_Belly

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
English>Maths

nuff said ` although history>english =P
Do we have to use greater than signs? It's bringing back horrible mathematical memories.

I like history too, I'm doing anc and mod and ext. But I think I like ext the best

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Ellie_Belly said:
Do we have to use greater than signs? It's bringing back horrible mathematical memories.

I like history too, I'm doing anc and mod and ext. But I think I like ext the best
omgosh ellie you've got my dream subject line ><"

eng adv
eng ext 1
ext history
modern history
ancient history
and add in business !!

yeah extenstion history is the best, but the readings are so bloody difficult ><"

Last edited:

Ellie_Belly

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
omgosh ellie you've got my dream subject line ><"

eng adv
eng ext 1
ext history
modern history
ancient history
and add in business !!

yeah extenstion history is the best, but the readings are so bloody difficult ><"
lol! Drop maths! It's the best thing I did!

H

housemouse

The use of greater than or less than signs proves that maths is superior to english.

H

housemouse

Prove that maths > english given that maths > 0, english < 0

LHS = maths
> 0
RHS = English
< 0
Therefore maths > english
QED

Last edited by a moderator:
H

housemouse

For what english is worth in terms of scaling, it is not worth doing

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Why didn't you do adv eng hopeles5ly?
pLuvia said:
Why didn't you do adv eng hopeles5ly?
because prior to year 11 i hated english SO MUCH. i changed schools and ending up choosing standard because of that. i then got the best teacher which made me develop great interest in it. i practically had no english skills AT ALL before this and i can say i seriously didn't know anything (how techniques convey meaning, how to even write an essay etc ..) but throughout last year i learnt everything that i missed out on in my schooling years =p

i was considering to go up after year 11 but i decided not to because i still have big flaws in my writing and interpreting skills. also the fact that i have a good rank at the moment and i know that if i actually went up i wouldn't be able to sustain one ..

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

hopeles5ly said:
because prior to year 11 i hated english SO MUCH. i changed schools and ending up choosing standard because of that. i then got the best teacher which made me develop great interest in it. i practically had no english skills AT ALL before this and i can say i seriously didn't know anything (how techniques convey meaning, how to even write an essay etc ..) but throughout last year i learnt everything that i missed out on in my schooling years =p

i was considering to go up after year 11 but i decided not to because i still have big flaws in my writing and interpreting skills. also the fact that i have a good rank at the moment and i know that if i actually went up i wouldn't be able to sustain one ..
I see, well good luck with it then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)