Assessment Marks Compared To HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

sl3epyAZN

HSC
I was Wonder how the HSC works because currently im not doing so well even though some of my courses my rankings are like 4th etc but my essessment mark is like 65 etc. And my Principal goes if you do good in your HSC exam The Essessment Mark Wont matter? Im very confused? His like if you are getting below 50s etc and do really well in your HSc you still can go to university?

webby234

HSC
N/A
Your rank is the only thing that is important at this stage - the actual assessment mark your school gives you is largely irrelevant (which is why they aren't meant to tell you). If you are coming 4th, you will get approximately the fourth best HSC exam mark gained by your school as your internal assessment mark. Your external mark is the aligned mark you receive in the exam (note that this is often higher than the mark you get as a percentage).

sl3epyAZN

HSC
Thanx for the replies Guys. My Rankings Are English 1st, Maths 4th, Business 5th, ITV (No Rankings), Economics 7th. Im worried About My economics Because my Class is fairly small and Very high competition. Im worried i might get scaled down so badily :( that i wont get into 75s at least.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You can't really worry about things that are out of your hands. You have done your best so far and got the ranks you deserve. Now its time to focus on the HSC exams and show them what you are made of, give it your best shoot.

webby234

HSC
N/A
sl3epyAZN said:
Thanx for the replies Guys. My Rankings Are English 1st, Maths 4th, Business 5th, ITV (No Rankings), Economics 7th. Im worried About My economics Because my Class is fairly small and Very high competition. Im worried i might get scaled down so badily :( that i wont get into 75s at least.
If your class is good and competitive, then they'll get good external exam marks and bring your assessment mark up - ie you will get a better mark than if they do badly.

Effectively the system makes it fair for just about everyone, with perhaps the exception of those at the very top and very bottom (and even then you're likely to get about what you deserve)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you do well in your HSC exam, the assessment tasks will be pulled up to match the distribution of your school's performance in the HSC exam overall.

Unlike your scenario, I'm a bit worried that my assessment marks would drag me down. Assuming that my rank in the trial exams will be roughly similar to my rank in the HSC exams, that may hold true. My overall assesssment marks and ranks which consisted of results from a variety of tasks, are pretty crap but my trial ranks are relatively much better because for some reason I tend to do better in HSC exam style questions than questions of a practical exam or a research task.....In other words those practical exams/research tasks kinda dragged my overall rank down and theory/HSC style exams are the only thng keeping me from failure......So if I get a higher rank in the HSC exam (i.e. similar to my trial ranks) my lower ranked moderated assessment mark is sooo gonna drag me down.....:(

adamantium

HSC
ur rankings are good...very good at dis point. dw abt wat mark u get at skoOl as ur skoOl doesnt give u tha skoOl mark. Tha BOS gives u ur final skoOl mark according 2 ur ranking. so yeh, u shuld be fine. teachers dun give u ur skoOl marks even after tha trialz is cos deir not allowed 2 give false hopes which is wat teachers do for a living when dey tell u 2 drop subjects ><

ur ranking looks gooD, u'll be fine for tha HSC goOd luck mate =]

Tim035

HSC
ummmm can I just ask another question... since I don't feel like making another whole topic for a similar focus.

My teacher in english yesterday was saying I should be helping the kids that are ranked below me as it will pull my mark up, is this true???? I always thought the only people that could affect ur aligned mark is those ranked above you.
Also I've heard that their has to be atleast a 3 mark differences between ranks inorder for a difference in alinged hsc marks otherwise the markers consider the 2 students basically equal. Is this true aswell?? because I know for a fact that I came first in chemistry in raw assessment marks by less then 1 whole mark!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)