Top Schools of 2006 (1 Viewer)

A l

HSC
N/A
With the release of the HSC results not too far away, it's time to place your bets on which schools dominated this year.
Would James Ruse Agricultural High School remain at the top for the 10th consecutive year? Or will another school claim the top spot for the first time? How will your school go this year? Will it rise or fall from last year? Last year, the top selective schools dominated over the some of the top private schools. Will the private schools overtake the selective schools this year or will selective schools continue their reign?

Post your opinions...

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
it is in my honest opinion that generally the school rankings will stay about the same.

that is all.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I remember this thread being from last year, with the starting point worded exactly the same word for word....hmmmm...*shifty eyes* Must be a tradition, the token top-schools-of-20xx thread.

And of course, as usual, James Ruse takes the cake.

shimmy&shine

HSC
I don't think Hornsby Girls will do as well as we did last year (or we could all get a monster of a surprise and come FIRST!! haha... i wish!). Then again, I hope my prediction of falling from 2nd/3rd spot doesn't come true.

James Ruse is the dominator, i don't think any school will beat it by a long time.

And also, for the person who said rankings remain relatively the same every year. NO WAY!!! When I was in year 7, my school was ranked like 27?We've leapt up over 20 places in 5 years. So there can be significant differences year to year.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
All I know is, it'd be great to see Hornsby Girls or Baulkham Hills to take Ruse off its top spot. :p

We do live in a tall poppy society afterall.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
ruse for the 10th year as powerhouse

although as an insider i could say that with the current principal retiring, their hold on the top may slowly slip. year 12 07 are far too strong but the 08 cohort are notorious for being loud/disruptive/jiggers over here. maybe in 2 years? then again the 05 cohort were trashed for being the non-study types - great people though - but they still caned second-placed baulko/hornsby (depends which newspaper you read) by light years.

my predictions

1) sydney boys to overtake north sydney boys again
2) north sydney girls to overtake sydney girls again
3) hornsby to drop behind north sydney girls (sorry shimmy! but you'll beat sydney girls .. hopefully :rofl:)
4) anything below top 10 is not worth discussing nah i just have no idea so i'll leave it to others haha

edit: shinigami - no haha, we live in an egalitarian society where everyone would like to be equal. mere mortals ;)

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
oh bobness! don't say that about my school. :(

I've heard that the 06ers have been the strongest and 'study-hard' types at most schools. Why was i born to be an 06er? lol.

I've also heard that North Sydney Girls is drilling (or maybe more like, really putting heaps of effort to do really well) and reclaim 2nd place this year.

Although, I'd like to think my cohort is smart enough to kick-ass this year... haha... or maybe not...

Damn. it. why. is. freakin. james. ruse. such. a. pimp. hogging. all. the. geniuses?

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
Even if they don't beat Ruse, I still hope Hornsby stays in second place :)
Also, would love to see Sydney Grammar falling out of top 10.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yeah i heard that about north sydney girls as well. i have a family friend who attends that school and was very annoyed at scoring 'only' 99. i thought ruse was the only school deranged enough to say that :p

i'd love to see all private schools fall out of the top 10 haha. they'll still score all those domestic fees places at uni though

shimmy&shine

HSC
SomaFairy said:
Also, would love to see Sydney Grammar falling out of top 10.
ditto! :p

lol, just kidding. But i don't know why they are in the top ten every year, when I know and have heard that there are plenty of not-so-smart guys there, and I have also encountered them myself.

CONSPIRACY!!! Maybe they pay there way to the top ten! So then they can lift their annual fees!

DISCLAIMER: joking. you got that right?

and SomaFairy, i lurve your username, very Huxley-Sexy! haha

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hmph, since SMH changed its analysis last year (to a fairer method I must admit) Pymble is no longer advantaged :( Ah well, hoping that we make it into the top 20, perhaps top 15 if we're really ambitious, whichever newspaper you take this year.

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
shimmy&shine said:
ditto! :p

CONSPIRACY!!! Maybe they pay there way to the top ten! So then they can lift their annual fees!

DISCLAIMER: joking. you got that right?
LOL under the table dealings...really? you were just joking? I don't know if they are smart or not, but alot of them are really arrogant, especially in front of public school students. So it's good seeing public schools kick their ass.

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
that's what people were saying about last years for my school as well, i think.

and look what happened.

anyways, are rankings that important?

Freakster01

HSC
mmm.. as much as i hate to say it but i rekon james ruse will prob b at the top yet again follow by baulko.. but its a really close battle between the 2 skools this yr. but i will like to see baulko beat ruse this yr. SOMEONE PROVE ME WRONG THAT JAMES RUSE WILL WIN!!

andye

HSC
its great how no one has faith in the non provate non selective schools meaning the normal public school - you would think that with 340ish students sitting the exams at some centres that we would be somewhere decent but we shall c...

Beege

HSC
uhhhh I cant stand those snobby private/selective schools, I wish a non private/selective school can get high ranked

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ok, for the betting cards on comprehensive schools--the traditionals Killara High, Cheltenham Girls, Cherrybrook, followed by some surprises that do do quite well occassionally enough--Willoughby Girls, Strathfield/Burwood Girls...anyone want to add anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)