How accurate is SAM? (1 Viewer)

Dimorphic

HSC
The new SAM that is out, how accurate is it?

Cause with my trial marks it says a UAI of 37, but I posted my trial marks and my final assesment rankings on here for you guys to predict and you guys said I could get 64.

So it begs the question, how accurate is SAM?

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
It gave me a result 30. :( Hopefully it's not that accurate, otherwise I'm guaranteed a month or so of doom.

Dimorphic

HSC
Thade said:
It gave me a result 30. :( Hopefully it's not that accurate, otherwise I'm guaranteed a month or so of doom.
Yeah, same.

I will eventually pick myself up from the utter dissapointment and find out about TAFE, but let us hope it does not come to that.

dromar31

HSC
well it said ill get 53.80
with
Busst 72
engad 69
legal 65
gmaths 76
pdhpe 77

wat u guys think

tennille

HSC
SAM is quite accurate for PREVIOUS years. So, it is possible to end up with a UAI that is different to what SAM predicts, and it most likely will be. How much it differs by depends on how the rest of the state performed. When I put my marks in for the year 2004, it was 0.05 off.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I put my results into SAM just then and it said I would get 96. JUAI said I would get 96.25

I hope my real UAI isn't far off these estimations. I couldn't believe it.

Do you think it could be much lower? If so, by how much?

paradise

HSC
hay yo,
i scored myself some nice HSC marks.....betta then i thought i would....

anywayz...it's 11:26 and i still cannot sign into SAM.....tRaFFiC???
Dammit im so anxious....jezzz...people its FREAKIN 11:26 am....stop looking at your predicted UAI....ahahahahhaha jokez....

paradise

HSC
SAM still not working....can someone give me a rough estimate of my UAI?

Ancient History 81
Business Studies 61
Adv English 67
Modern History 72
History Extension 26/50
Science 82

Thanks in advance......

misskaylie88

HSC
i cant get onto the SAM calculator...ive been trying all morning!
does anyone have any idea wat sort of uai i could get with these marks

ancient history 70
drama 78
english advanced 70
geography 76
legal studies 71
general maths 74

thank you!

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes of waiting for it to work, and SAM gives me a UAI of 57.05. Gee, thanks SAM. :(

Ancient History 75
English (Standard) 70
General Mathematics 69
Society and Culture 66
Visual Arts 90

Well, I'm certainly doomed. :mad1:

dromar31

HSC
if its not bogus we aint gonna get more than diplomas or worse...entry level jobs :O

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
dromar31 said:
if its not bogus we aint gonna get more than diplomas or worse...entry level jobs :O
My nightmare come true. D:

claire_bear

claire_bear
HSC
Hey every one,
I did the HSC in 2005. I did studies of religion II, chemistry, biology, food technology, mathematics and english advanced. I put my results into sam and got a UAI of 93-94. Keep in mind i was using the 2004 sam. My UAI came out to be 93 (real uai from uac). So id say its just a few points under what sam predicted! I also tried with the 2005 sam which is the year i did the hsc and it gave me a uai of 93.15 which was pretty damn close to my uai! Because the sam isnt 2006, to avoid disapointment just take off a few points from this yrs sam prediction. In my oppinion its pretty accurate. I wish you guys all the best, i know how much hard work goes into this!!! Just remember if u dont get the results you wanted there are so many other options to get to where u want to be trust me i know from first hand experience! be confident and proud and hold ur head held high knowing you tried ur best!!
Best of luck!!
Claire.

dromar31

HSC
claire_bear said:
Hey every one,
I did the HSC in 2005. I did studies of religion II, chemistry, biology, food technology, mathematics and english advanced. I put my results into sam and got a UAI of 93-94. Keep in mind i was using the 2004 sam. My UAI came out to be 93 (real uai from uac). So id say its just a few points under what sam predicted! I also tried with the 2005 sam which is the year i did the hsc and it gave me a uai of 93.15 which was pretty damn close to my uai! Because the sam isnt 2006, to avoid disapointment just take off a few points from this yrs sam prediction. In my oppinion its pretty accurate. I wish you guys all the best, i know how much hard work goes into this!!! Just remember if u dont get the results you wanted there are so many other options to get to where u want to be trust me i know from first hand experience! be confident and proud and hold ur head held high knowing you tried ur best!!
Best of luck!!
Claire.
*reaches for newspaper to look for a job*

it really is dependent on how every1 else goes...my marks arent terible in fact im not sure i could have done much better considering my circumstances and the amount i asserted myself (my mum moved to queensland after the english exams i had exams the whole next week and i had to move to dads) . no matter what yopur uai is people you should be proud of what you have achieved and remember you can always gain entry to uni other ways.

Fairytale

HSC
N/A
SAM is pretty accurate. I did my HSC in 2004 and my actual UAI was 0.15 below the UAI I received from SAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)