Welcome (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
Hey 06ers! Welcome to the General Discussion on the 2006 HSC forum!

This forum can be used to discuss most HSC matters including desired university courses, UAIs, HSC exams, though preferably, when the 2006 HSC exams begin, each subject will have their own forum in which you can post in to discuss the exam.

What are your views on the current HSC course? Do you feel that you will go well? Do you think it is similar to the preliminary course? Do you think it is much harder than the preliminary course?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Welcome to the 2006 Journey...enjoy

Hey Class of 06
Welcome to the HSC
It will be a long and tough "journey"
and believe me, you will hate that word by the end of it :p
Some advice: Enjoy the summer holidays, because the next ones, you will be studying for your half yearlies, the ones after that you will have assessment overload and the ones after those you will be studying for your trials
I'm not saying do nothing. Look at your syllabus', start making notes for the term you will complete (in december 05). By the time half yearlies come, ull be amazed how much u will have learnt! So yeah, try and do your notes as you go. But its impossible when you are bombarded with assessments as you will soon discover...
But just do your best, try and get the best ranking you can because marks don't really matter, but ranks do!
Advice: TRY-keyword there TRY and start your assessments as soon as possible. Don't leave them to the last minute because when it comes to having to do 3 or 4 in one week, it becomes quite hectic

anyway, enjoy the journey year 12 06
Year 12 has been one of my best years, So many memories and "good times" - key quote of yr12 05 at my school
hehe

anyway good luck all
Goan_crazy

Mr.Bark

what the hell...
HSC
summer holidays wow that’s far away like 2 months we break up on the 21st of december when do you guyz break up?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

take that!

P

pLuvia

I'm going to Japan in the summer holidays :D:D, great relaxation period until the hard work really kicks in, thanks for the advice

~Han~

HSC
hey there.
I do English standard, mathematics, PE, Physics, Ancient Hisotry and Im about to start History ext.
I havent found a huge difference in the HSC course compared to the prelim course...as of yet!
I find it a bit easier because all the classes have settled down and working harder in class which makes it easier to concentrate- but thats the only difference i have noticed so far!!
Good luck everyone :)

P

pLuvia

Hey, the HSC course isn't that bad, yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

goan_crazy

HSC
Mr.Bark said:
summer holidays wow that’s far away like 2 months we break up on the 21st of december when do you guyz break up?
I've broken up already LOL-
22nd sept...never have to go back to school-classes again.
Im doing the HSC now-05er

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
In summary, cast all human-like emotions or bonds aside, and cheat, lie and steal your way to number 1 ranking in all your classes, at the expense of your "friends", at all costs. OR YOU WILL FAIL.

HSC
lmao!! i dont have to touch that journeys shit EVER AGAIN
oh fuck im glad about that

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i havent noticed much difference yet, although i'm a lot more anal now about keeping up to date and making notes and stuff. in the preliminary year i didnt worry too much, but now *studies furiously* :D it's going to be a good year i reckon. just about every subject is turning out to be really good, better than yr 11 (although i'm already getting sick of journeys :p) good luck everybody :)

Guernica

HSC
Yay we're too cool. We've now moved into the big part of the forum. How coolness.

goan_crazy

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
In summary, cast all human-like emotions or bonds aside, and cheat, lie and steal your way to number 1 ranking in all your classes, at the expense of your "friends", at all costs. OR YOU WILL FAIL.
No don't do that
Its pretty easy to get the ranks
You don't need to be like that ^
I didn't try that hard...
In subjects like SOR1, its easy to get top rankings, I got 6 and 7 out of 100 and something without trying, coz people don't care about religion :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yo guys! Seems like everyone's off to a nice start! Same here, although we have all of our assessments clustered around week 6/7, which i'm currently preparing for. Well, I hope we have a good year, good luck in all your assessments, and work hard all year!! :)
P.S I hope we get to know each other better on forums over the next year, e.g helping each other with english essays.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
^^

He's lying. He actually once slipped a near-fatal dosage of laxatives into his (considerably smarter) best friend's drink so he couldn't get to an exam, just to get the no.1 ranking for himself.

And that's only what I can tell you on a public forum without getting him into trouble with the law!
Lol!! He must have done it to the extremities, i don't think we wanna know anymore... *shudders*

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Oh no, he's not that bad of a guy, it's really standard practise.

It may seem cruel now, but you'll think of it as day to day stuff by this time next year, trust me.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hey 06ers! Just some advice for the year ahead - study smart instead of hard, start your work early and never sacrafice your health or who you are for a few silly letters and marks. Good luck in your year ahead!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)