How Much Should I Write? (1 Viewer)

L

lilsxcwog69

If a question is worth 5 marks how many lines/words should I be able to write?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
well for most questions in the hsc, the number of lines provided will indicate to you how much should be written.

P

pLuvia

5 marks questions, each mark is worth one sentence, therefore about 5 sentences possibly 8 - 10 lines. Adding extra is also a good thing

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog69 said:
If a question is worth 5 marks how many lines/words should I be able to write?
Depends on what subject you are referring to - you'd get more helpful responses if you tell us which subject you are asking about. :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog69 said:
What are human rights (5 marks)
5 marks for a question that general? is that the exact wording or was the question something like: discuss human rights and provide examples ?

L

lilsxcwog69

Yep that general and im finding hard to write to little on the damned subject

Riviet

HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog69 said:
What are human rights (5 marks)
That will require alot of detail because it's a 5 mark "what" question. Normally "what" questions are 2-3 marks at the most, so that question is probably unrealistic. :p

It really depends on what you are being asked and what verb they use in the question. A 5 mark describe or discuss question would mean you would need at least 5 points but it is probably best to write a few points in great detail as sometimes the marking scheme might want detail, rather than quantity, especially in sciences.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
This is for legal studies right? If so you might have more luck asking in here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24

If this is an English question then I'm kinda lost for words... :confused:

EDIT: I'd also like to add that there is no standard amount of words or lines between all courses - its different depending on whether you do sciences or humanities etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)