Major Textiles Project (1 Viewer)

blakejohn

HSC
i wanna know what everybody else is doing for their major textiles project? looking around my class there are a lot of differing things going on from bed spreads and textile art, to a mermaid costume and a wedding dress....
and how much more do you have to go :S and is it just me, or does anybody else find the theory better then the practical component?

bambii

HSC
im doing a showgirl costume- corset, tutu skirt and a bustle ...due on monday hahah cant w8 till its all over

mermaid costume... dats a popular choice this yr

Last edited:

blakejohn

HSC
congrats to everybody who handed their in!! half of ur hsc for textiles is done! yes! (p.s what time did you finish, i finished at 7:00am this morning!! - cheerin)

heysalovesyah

HSC
hey people..
i cant believe but.. i finished my dress.. and i am so happy!>.. i bet all of u that have finished them.,. feel the same emotions that i feel..*thank f*king Gosh!
but yeah.. i packed them on monday and today they are getting sent to sydney... talk about scary..,
anyways.. how well did u all go?
my teacher says i have a chance of getting a band 5-6.. apparently my design was unique. Anyways.. tell me how yall feeling!

Ohh by the way... my focus this year was mainly that of textiles so thats why when my dress and portfolio was due, drama was also due too.. bu i didnt end up finishing it,.. i didnt mind as much because it as purely internal.. but apparently it counts to the HSC marks.. woops.. mybad. lol.. i better get a great mark for textiles then.!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
WOOOOOT FINALLY ITS GONE
handed minne in on monday as well so sad
i mage a formal gown reflecting the romantic eras judgement of women in love and trasfering that to the feeling and moods of the modern woem ohh i hear that sentence was in my portfolio
and i finished mine the day it was due to 6 am just had to puton those last beads

ruby~wednesday

HSC
i'm so glad that's over but really dissappointed too- i'm plain embarassed by my folio. I spent the entire weekend before having a panic attack, stayed up all Sunday night and still didnt manage to get ANY manufacturing spec.s, except a really dodgy swing tag, and my VDD and experimentation was similarily dodge. My inspiration was pretty much perfect though (i did uit erarlier this year) and at least i finished my garment- a circus arts and dance costume inspired by the Romantics like Keats and Romantic ballet- it was very green! oh well at least it's gone now and i can 'focus' on my highly depressing drama IP... when will it end?

alyse

HSC
hey!

HOW GOOD DOES IT FEEL TO HAVE HANDED IN THE MAJOR DESIGN PROJECT!! OMG!!! lol

i designed a haute couture gown! handed it on monday, getting marked tomoro!!! ahhhh scary as!!!!
but frikken awesome to have it over!!!

alyse

GOODLUCK EVERYONE

alyse

HSC
helloooooo!!!
my dress for my Major Design Project got selected for consideration in the Powerhouse Museum and a tour around NSW!!!!!
im so excited!!!!!! its such a good reward for all the effort put into it!!!:rofl: YAY

a l y s e:)

shimmy&shine

HSC
alyse said:
i designed a haute couture gown! handed it on monday, getting marked tomoro!!! ahhhh scary as!!!!
but frikken awesome to have it over!!!
What on earth do you mean by 'Haute Couture' gown? You can't be serious. Do you even know what that term means? I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but you can't just go around and say 'I designed a 'haute couture' gown. You are hardly at the level of Karl Lagerfeld. I mean, not even Alannah Hill can say that.

Well done for finishing your major works everyone! I dropped textiles, because I couldn't imagine finishing a major work, or doing three for that matter.

CONGRAGULATIONS!!!! :)

alyse

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
What on earth do you mean by 'Haute Couture' gown? You can't be serious. Do you even know what that term means? I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but you can't just go around and say 'I designed a 'haute couture' gown. You are hardly at the level of Karl Lagerfeld. I mean, not even Alannah Hill can say that.
"Haute Couture"
High-Fashion; most exclusive and new designs, one off pieces, constructed of the highest quality materials and techniques, unique and custom made designs, often sold for very high prices, highly time consuming, and hand-executed embellishments and details for finish....

Well...by Haute Couture gown, i mean; an extravagant, very high quality, unique and priceless garment with an eye for detail...
Rightio then, u think u know what im capable of.... did i SAY i was at the level of Karl Lagerfeld? ah.. NO or of that of any other designer to be honest.
Haute Couture was simply the concept of my design in order to appeal to a niche market of independant and wealthy women, which doesn't mean AT ALL that it was at the level of real Haute Couture seriously, i think u should get it rite b4 u go accusing people....

heysalovesyah

HSC
hey girls..
i should mention guys too.. like me.. but meh..
anyways..
did ya's all know that this monday all of the textile major works are getting marked?
ohh dear..
im worried.. i do hope everyone does well..
i hope i get into textstyles..
*aww that would be soo cool! :)
any of you girls thinking of getting into the fashion design industry?
Im thinking i wanna further my education at Uni or Tafe,
hmm anyways..

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
YEAH IM FUTHERING MY DEGREE AS I GOT ACCEPTED INTO fbi fASHION cOLLEGE GLEBE SO EXCITED IM STARTING NEXT YEAR FEBUARY sorri left cap locks on from last post

BlackFlameSylva

HSC
sounds like there was a wide variety of stuff people made. congrats to the person above who got into the powerhouse display. when does everyone else get their projects back? or do u know how to find out who got into texstyle?

anyway i know this isn't the place really but i couldn't find it anywhere else. :confused: does anyone know anything bout that factors that influence the value of textiles?

oh and i made a corset top and skirt inspired by romance gothic.

jasmin19

HSC
Hey i dont get my major project back till after the exams like december some time!! I was so excited to send it away but bit scary cause u put so much time into them that u dont know it they will look after it!! Congrats to the person whose design got selected for powerhouse display, how did u find out??

blakejohn

HSC
YAY apparently our major projects are back, so on friday ill get it back. thats this friday, as in tomorow, as in the first day of exams ARGH!!!!! goodluck everyone!!

liger

HSC
How do we know who got selected for texstyle?? Does everyone get their projects back or just the people who didn't get in?

liger

HSC
I just got a call from my teacher saying i got into texstyle! I'm really suprised because I thought everyone had been chosen already. Did anyone else here get in???

mello88

HSC
liger said:
I just got a call from my teacher saying i got into texstyle! I'm really suprised because I thought everyone had been chosen already. Did anyone else here get in???
hey i only found out last friday i got into texstyle!! i was so shocked also as i thought they would have been selected a while ago and notified back then but ne hows im stoked none the less. hope everyone enjoys schoolies and stays well.
xo:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)