Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Textiles Project

HSC

Major Textiles Project

i wanna know what everybody else is doing for their major textiles project? looking around my class there are a lot of differing things going on from bed spreads and textile art, to a mermaid costume and a wedding dress....
    and how much more do you have to go :S and is it just me, or does anybody else find the theory better then the practical component?

HSC

Re: Major Textiles Project

i forgot to mention,im doing dog coats

HSC

im doing a showgirl costume- corset, tutu skirt and a bustle ...due on monday hahah cant w8 till its all over

mermaid costume... dats a popular choice this yr
    Last edited by bambii; 10 Aug 2006 at 9:38 PM. Reason: new info

HSC

congrats to everybody who handed their in!! half of ur hsc for textiles is done! yes! (p.s what time did you finish, i finished at 7:00am this morning!! - cheerin)

HSC

hey people..
    i cant believe but.. i finished my dress.. and i am so happy!>.. i bet all of u that have finished them.,. feel the same emotions that i feel..*thank f*king Gosh!
    but yeah.. i packed them on monday and today they are getting sent to sydney... talk about scary..,
    anyways.. how well did u all go?
    my teacher says i have a chance of getting a band 5-6.. apparently my design was unique. Anyways.. tell me how yall feeling!

Ohh by the way... my focus this year was mainly that of textiles so thats why when my dress and portfolio was due, drama was also due too.. bu i didnt end up finishing it,.. i didnt mind as much because it as purely internal.. but apparently it counts to the HSC marks.. woops.. mybad. lol.. i better get a great mark for textiles then.!
    Diliberation is never the key for sexuality, Only blowjobs count towards your UAI.

FaShIoNiStA
    HSC

WOOOOOT FINALLY ITS GONE
    handed minne in on monday as well so sad
    i mage a formal gown reflecting the romantic eras judgement of women in love and trasfering that to the feeling and moods of the modern woem ohh i hear that sentence was in my portfolio
    and i finished mine the day it was due to 6 am just had to puton those last beads
    ***FASHIONISTA***

all i want is a 70.00
    if i get 69.95 ill be pissed
    if i get 70.05 ill be pissed

HSC

i'm so glad that's over but really dissappointed too- i'm plain embarassed by my folio. I spent the entire weekend before having a panic attack, stayed up all Sunday night and still didnt manage to get ANY manufacturing spec.s, except a really dodgy swing tag, and my VDD and experimentation was similarily dodge. My inspiration was pretty much perfect though (i did uit erarlier this year) and at least i finished my garment- a circus arts and dance costume inspired by the Romantics like Keats and Romantic ballet- it was very green! oh well at least it's gone now and i can 'focus' on my highly depressing drama IP... when will it end?

FaShIoNiStA
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ruby~wednesday
    i 'focus' on my highly depressing drama IP... when will it end?

same boat hunnni mines due tommor and im sooo sooo scared
    ***FASHIONISTA***

all i want is a 70.00

HSC

hey!

HOW GOOD DOES IT FEEL TO HAVE HANDED IN THE MAJOR DESIGN PROJECT!! OMG!!! lol

i designed a haute couture gown! handed it on monday, getting marked tomoro!!! ahhhh scary as!!!!
    but frikken awesome to have it over!!!

alyse

GOODLUCK EVERYONE

HSC

Red face Re: Major Textiles Project

helloooooo!!!
    my dress for my Major Design Project got selected for consideration in the Powerhouse Museum and a tour around NSW!!!!!
    im so excited!!!!!! its such a good reward for all the effort put into it!!!:rofl: YAY

a l y s e

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by alyse
    i designed a haute couture gown! handed it on monday, getting marked tomoro!!! ahhhh scary as!!!!
    but frikken awesome to have it over!!!
    What on earth do you mean by 'Haute Couture' gown? You can't be serious. Do you even know what that term means? I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but you can't just go around and say 'I designed a 'haute couture' gown. You are hardly at the level of Karl Lagerfeld. I mean, not even Alannah Hill can say that.

Well done for finishing your major works everyone! I dropped textiles, because I couldn't imagine finishing a major work, or doing three for that matter.

CONGRAGULATIONS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobness
    Do i have permission to (knock you up) for an hour? LOL DON'T MIND THE SEXUAL CONNOTATIONS THIS IS MY WAY OF JOKING AROUND SERIOUS BUSINESS ETC ETC. If anyone takes it the wrong way i'll also be or . Btw hi shimmy :wave: i love this one too

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy&shine
    What on earth do you mean by 'Haute Couture' gown? You can't be serious. Do you even know what that term means? I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but you can't just go around and say 'I designed a 'haute couture' gown. You are hardly at the level of Karl Lagerfeld. I mean, not even Alannah Hill can say that.
    "Haute Couture"
    High-Fashion; most exclusive and new designs, one off pieces, constructed of the highest quality materials and techniques, unique and custom made designs, often sold for very high prices, highly time consuming, and hand-executed embellishments and details for finish....

Well...by Haute Couture gown, i mean; an extravagant, very high quality, unique and priceless garment with an eye for detail...
    Rightio then, u think u know what im capable of.... did i SAY i was at the level of Karl Lagerfeld? ah.. NO or of that of any other designer to be honest.
    Haute Couture was simply the concept of my design in order to appeal to a niche market of independant and wealthy women, which doesn't mean AT ALL that it was at the level of real Haute Couture seriously, i think u should get it rite b4 u go accusing people....

HSC

hey girls..
    i should mention guys too.. like me.. but meh..
    anyways..
    did ya's all know that this monday all of the textile major works are getting marked?
    ohh dear..
    im worried.. i do hope everyone does well..
    i hope i get into textstyles..
    *aww that would be soo cool!
    any of you girls thinking of getting into the fashion design industry?
    Im thinking i wanna further my education at Uni or Tafe,
    hmm anyways..
    Diliberation is never the key for sexuality, Only blowjobs count towards your UAI.

FaShIoNiStA
    HSC

YEAH IM FUTHERING MY DEGREE AS I GOT ACCEPTED INTO fbi fASHION cOLLEGE GLEBE SO EXCITED IM STARTING NEXT YEAR FEBUARY sorri left cap locks on from last post
    ***FASHIONISTA***

all i want is a 70.00

HSC

Exclamation Re: Major Textiles Project

sounds like there was a wide variety of stuff people made. congrats to the person above who got into the powerhouse display. when does everyone else get their projects back? or do u know how to find out who got into texstyle?

anyway i know this isn't the place really but i couldn't find it anywhere else. does anyone know anything bout that factors that influence the value of textiles?

oh and i made a corset top and skirt inspired by romance gothic.

HSC

Hey i dont get my major project back till after the exams like december some time!! I was so excited to send it away but bit scary cause u put so much time into them that u dont know it they will look after it!! Congrats to the person whose design got selected for powerhouse display, how did u find out??

HSC

YAY apparently our major projects are back, so on friday ill get it back. thats this friday, as in tomorow, as in the first day of exams ARGH!!!!! goodluck everyone!!

Cadet
    HSC

How do we know who got selected for texstyle?? Does everyone get their projects back or just the people who didn't get in?
    bred for its skills in magic

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Cadet
    HSC

I just got a call from my teacher saying i got into texstyle! I'm really suprised because I thought everyone had been chosen already. Did anyone else here get in???

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by liger
    I just got a call from my teacher saying i got into texstyle! I'm really suprised because I thought everyone had been chosen already. Did anyone else here get in???
    hey i only found out last friday i got into texstyle!! i was so shocked also as i thought they would have been selected a while ago and notified back then but ne hows im stoked none the less. hope everyone enjoys schoolies and stays well.
    xo:wave:

Cadet
    HSC

Arhh I'm really bummed because I'm going to be in England when it goes on display. IF anyone sees a 1950s black and white polka dot dress- it's mine!

HSC

hey alyse, i just wanted to know how u would enter into that powerhouse thing and also wat was the mark that u recieved

HSC

I went to the 2006 Texstyle exhibition recently; which work was yours? All of them were fantastic.

HSC

WOW i went to the texstyle exhibition and i saw your black+white polkadot Liger! it was sooo well made, congratulations!

all of them were BEAUTIFUL
    i especially loved the pleats+ruffles dress, if anyone knows what im talking about. or if the person who made it sees this.......you rock.

HSC

Oh my goodness. I totally didn't read which one you said was yours!
    Fantastic job 'liger'! It's beautiful. But I know my friends and I were like it's so simple but it got in. So, currently we're all confused about what's a good quality textile work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information