Should I pick Textiles and Design? (1 Viewer)

Snikpoh

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm fretting at the moment about my subject selections for year 11 and 12. Alot of the subjects i want to do are clashing. Anyway i'm really interested in Textiles but i haven't done it in year 9 and 10. Does this matter? Will i be way behind the class if i haven't done it before? I don't know nothing about sewing or using a sewing machine but i do love designing and drawings costumes and dresses. Do you learn the basics in the 11 preliminary like sewing and design before you go onto producing major works?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Pick it! It is lots of fun and i love it. You will not be behind cos everyone starts from scratch(well i know we did at my school).

Bear in mind that you do need to do a major work for it so i recommend that if you are not one to handle something like that then it might not be the best choice

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
my most favourite subject. the major project is hectic though, but if you believe you can manage it, then it should be fine!
just make sure that your school has competent teachers for it etc and knows what the bos expects from the portfolio, major project etc, cos i know that a lot of people that do it in yr 12 didn't have substantial aid or knowledge of what to do for it...

but other than that, highly recommended! learning how to use the machine shouldn't be too bad if you can pick up hands-on things easily.

agua.fuego

HSC
In my Textiles class this year, most of the kids who picked it did do it in 9 and 10 but a considerable amount just started for the senior years. It doesn't really matter if you've just started in year 11 and 12 - the teachers have to go over everything again anyway so you won't be behind.

Eliano

HSC
i wish i never done textile for my hsc, its so stressfull as you have a deadline for it.

dont get me wrong if u have good time management go for it, just get as much as ur portfolio done as u go- dont leave it too late. its a fun subject though n a good time in class, the theory is good too and easy to get.

syworld

HSC
Awww I would've chosen textiles if we had the choice... too bad my school never offered it! :(

dahubbub23

HSC
omg don't do it save ya self the sleepless nigths thinkin about ur MTP!!! dear god if i could re-do yr 12 i would never do textiles, i'd rather do japanese (same line for my school!!!) this is probely too late for u, since ya already did ya selection but drop it take sumthing that duzn't involve a major project!! lol GOOD LUCK in ya HSC

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
If you can manage your Time it is fine, i personally did not find the MTP stressful at all. :)
It all depends on the person.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
dont be silly.
yeh it would be tough if you left it all too late, just make sure you keep time management under control
completely agree.....

HSC
time management = good mtp and a stressless u :)

i suggest do it :) if u really enjoy it then u will enjoy it regardless if u havent done it in yr 9 or 10

i didnt do textiles in yr 9 or 10 and i picked it up in yr 11, the teacher knows this that the whole class may not have done it in yr9 n 10 and will cater for that so dont worry about 'falling' behind cos u won't and now u have this great textbook too ;) so the theory would be a sench for u :) lol

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)