NEW fabric shop in Sydney - "The Fabric Store"! (1 Viewer)

bethrealistic

HSC
UPDATE: We have a great new range of vintage trims, laces, sequins and beads!
Plus two big new designer shipments; beautiful Tigerlily swimwear lycras and top quality Ksubi denims. Huge range of colours and prints!

Hey all!
The wonderful people at The Fabric Store in Surry Hills have just opened their first Sydney store, and I thought HSC and Prelim students might be interested to know what we have on offer, since as a former T&D student I know how hard it can be to source unique, quality fabrics for textiles projects in Sydney.

As well as a wide selection of all your staples like cotton prints, japanese cotton shirting, cotton jerseys, beautiful silks, satins, and wool suiting, The Fabric Store imports top quality merino knits from New Zealand, and buys remnant fabrics from designers such as Tigerlily, Ksubi, Leona Edmiston, Nicola Waite, etc. We also sell zips and Guterman thread.

Here's our flyer:

Or you can add us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1372182659&ref=ts

We give a massive 15% student discount to Textiles and Fashion students (student ID card must be shown, doesn't apply to mail orders).
We also offer a mail order service for long-distance customers.

Please reply to this thread if you have any queries about opening hours, stock etc. and I can answer any questions.
As well as this, if you ever need any help with Textiles & Design projects, come in to the store and ask the girls their advice; they've all either worked in the ragtrade or studied fashion design, so they know what they're talking about!

Good luck to all the '09 HSC students out there, and I hope to see you at The Fabric Store soon!

Hours: 9.30am-5pm weekdays, 10am-4pm Saturdays, closed Sundays.
21 Cooper St, Surry Hills. Ph: 9211 2217

Last edited:

ckk163

HSC
hey! my teacher was telling me about a store in surry hills which is really good. and i think this might be it.

thanks for all the help ( i didnt know the address before)
and i will be definitely popping in some time

Thanks =D

bethrealistic

HSC
UPDATE: Summer shipment now in! We also sell linings and fusings/interfacings. We have a great new range of trims, laces, sequins and beads!

alexmartinek

HSC
is there anywhere in newcastle that stocks similar stuff at discount prices apart from spotlight?
going to sydney is massively inconvenient sometimes.....

bethrealistic

HSC
Was up in Newcastle a couple of months ago, and although I'm not a local, I couldn't find anything at all, apart from Spotlight...

However we do 'mail orders' at The Fabric Store, if you give us a call on 9211 2217 and describe the sort of fabrics you're looking for, we can send you some swatches and you can then make an order which we'll post to you.

UPDATE: two big new designer shipments; beautiful Tigerlily swimwear lycras and top quality Ksubi denims. Huge range of colours and prints!

alexmartinek

HSC
thankyou, that is really helpful

how much does it cost to get swatches sent?

do you sell silks? if so, what is the price range for silks per metre?

do you run/work in this store?

Last edited:

bethrealistic

HSC
alexmartinek said:
thankyou, that is really helpful

how much does it cost to get swatches sent?

do you sell silks? if so, what is the price range for silks per metre?

do you run/work in this store?
Having swatches mailed to you is free!

We sell a wide range of silks, but as we buy from end of designer runs often we may not have a lot of colours in any specific type of silk.
Prices for silk vary from around $22 - $40 a metre, depending on quality, width and weight etc.

I work part time at The Fabric Store.

bethrealistic

HSC
alexmartinek said:
awesome, thanks heaps..........can you take an order from me?
No, sorry, only during store hours: 9.30-5 weekdays, 10-4 Saturdays, closed Sundays. The best way is to call on 9211 2217.

alexmartinek

HSC
hey bethrealistic!

just a msg to thanks for the reccomendations to the fabric store, i ordered swatches this morning and they seemed to know alot about the stuff they are selling.....thanks heaps

alex

bethrealistic

HSC
alexmartinek said:
hey bethrealistic!

just a msg to thanks for the reccomendations to the fabric store, i ordered swatches this morning and they seemed to know alot about the stuff they are selling.....thanks heaps

alex

Not a problem, happy to help.
And thanks for the feedback; I'll pass it on! =)

bethrealistic

HSC
alexmartinek said:
does the fabric store give HSC students a discount?
Yep! Provided that you can prove you're a high school Textiles and Design student (your school ID should suffice). This doesn't apply for mail orders or cuts of fabric under 1m.

alexmartinek

HSC
thanks

its really hard for me to get to sydney.....is it possible to fax my ID to the fabric store and attain a discount with a mail order that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)