whitehouse (1 Viewer)

poster.girl

HSC
is anyone considering on going there next year?

also does anyone know what it is like?

Sassed

HSC
Not me personally but I have looked into it before-very impressive. A friend goes there (she got in with her yr 12 folio) but she is extremely talented and dedicated. Seems to cover 'fashion and design' as a whole? Compared to another friend who is at Ultimo- her studies are very catagorised? Although both are highly recognised- Ultimo is another option as it has easier entry.
With Whitehouse so difficult to enter I have found that it's loved by it's students and hated by the ones that didn't make it.

Sabahat

HSC
yea i applied for it going for the interview after hsc xamz.......

Stang

HSC
Sabahat said:
yea i applied for it going for the interview after hsc xamz.......
goodluck with the interview i hope all goes well =]

HSC
Hello...

i went there this year after i won a scholarship for a short course. it is simply amazing and breathtaking.

only spending the week there, i felt like i was at home. the teachers were all lovely and extremely talented.

the 2nd or 3rd year students were doing their photoshoots with the garments they had made, when i was there. it was amazing... the creativity....wow...it seems like they really bring out the creatiity and originalty in people...push you to you creative limits

they offer 3 main courses...interior design, or styling and creative direction or fashion design...

from what i heard though... and you would have to check this... it is pretty expensive ... however they have just introduced fee help....

it is my dream to go there. it just has a lovely feel.

Sabahat

HSC
Thanks

oh that's gud.well it's kinda my dream to go thier too:) so hopefully i'll make it in....

sarsha.dawn

HSC
ah, id love to attend,
but theres the cost factor
does anyone know what im looking at paying?

alexmartinek

HSC
i went for the open day, it looks like a fantastic school.
does anyone know if they are introducing HECS support at the whitehouse?

HSC
Thats ok.

Yes i am interested in fashion design...but moreso costume design. i figure that if i study costume design and take that career path i can always convert to fashion design. whereas it would be harder to go from fashion into costume. It's so exciting... i just want to be doing it now...9 months left!

i went to the whitehouse for a short course for fashion (1 wk) it was absolutley amazing, breathtaking...wow... and aas soon as you step in the building you can feel the immense creativity...well for me anyway! I didnt want to leave....and all the people(that i met anyway) were extremely nice (students/teachers)

so i am probably just rambling on.... but was an amazing place to be for the short time i was there.

also, there is other courses such as the fbi(fashion and business together), uts (but i think you need a very high uai), and i am not sure but there seems to be alot of top designers (eg: wayne cooper, alex perry,etc )that studied at east sydney tech...i dont know if this even exists anymore...

anyways...

hope this helps...

alexmartinek

HSC
thanks, yeah i know what you mean....i love the building in general and the creativity is definately felt once you step inside the whitehouse

have you considered NIDA? apparently its fantastic for costume design

i did work experience with louise withers and associates on the set of spamalot and billy elliot, really fantastic!!!!

Last edited:
HSC
wow! so are you also interested in costume design? yes i have considered nida, except its really hard to get into...you have to chose a prescribed play and read it, analyse it, etc and design and make a costume for it! then you have your portfolio(thats ok) and you have an interview and they may ask you to draw something when your in the interview!its rated in the top 10 schools for costume design (in the world...i think). worth a shot though. going to talk with my mentor when we get back to school...cause i don't really know where to start...cause i am considering studying overseas (eg: england-theatre is much bigger over there....and quite a few places that you can go to study specifically costume design)...

here i go, ramballing on again....

alexmartinek

HSC
well to be honest im more into fashion design but i did the costume design work experience and it was really really interesting.....im sure if you put your mind to it you could acheive anything....just a matter of perserverance i think.

thats fine, rambling is good, i do it frequently!

HSC
i tend to ramble on, because none of my friends are into the whole sewing/costume/fashion design thing....so when i find someone who is on the same page as me, it all comes out at once!

Good Luck with everything...who knows we might meet each other one day when we are famous fashion designers!

alexmartinek

HSC
i can totally relate to that! no one i know really gets the fashion design thing, which can be a bit lonely sometimes. it was great to meet you online though coz you seem to really understand what im talking about.

absolutely! good luck with your future endeavours, and dont let anyone stop you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)