Folders for MTP folio Question and where are you up to?... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello everyone! First thread!yay!it took me a while to work out how to do it...anyways....

just wondering the folder that the folio for you mtp goes in...does it have to be a folder as such..like with plastic sleeves... or can it be more like a book with pages...

hope this makes sense...

where is everyone up to in there mtp?

to-ra

alexmartinek

HSC
hey vintage costumer, my teacher gave me an fantastic idea at the start of last term.

use an A3 plastic sleeve portfolio for all the theory documentation and a smaller (or larger) book for all the working drawing's and sketches etc. that way there is a clear and organised distinction between the two.

ive got pretty much all the areas of investigation done, and am preparing to start buying materials and supplies...

question.....at the fabric store, can you get a discount for being a HSC student?

HSC
if you use a A3 folder there is a limit of 12 pages, if you use an A4 folder from memory there is i think a 24 page limit (dont quote me on that i dont remember cause i used an A3 folder)

as far as i was aware, you cant use A3 AND A4 only ONE size. a plastic folder is reauired, you have to tape the ends of the plastic sleeves closed when you send them in.

as for a discount, unfortunately theres no place that im aware of that gives discounts for hsc students... but if ur buying alot/ bulk of alot of simple/ plain fabrics, i suggest going to somewhere like cabramatta or somewhere like that and they will prob give u a small discount depending on how much you buy

good luck! :)

alexmartinek

HSC
then how come my several students last year and in the years before, used different sized folios?

im pretty sure its ok as my teacher was encouraging it

HSC
well all i know is that after the page limit they will not mark past that point.
if theres a way around it... im not sure, i have never seen or heard about that before.
maybe im misunderstanding you; so you would use two folders? in different sizes?

we also got a guide from the whitehouse, very helpful if you or ur teacher can get your hand on it, its like a basic checklist on what to put on each page so you dont go over the page limit.
:)

HSC
wait i just read ur subjects, design and tech is very different from the Textiles and design requirements :)

xo

alexmartinek

HSC
yeah it is, i think thats what the confusion was about.....yeah two folders in different sizes

if you could tell me more about the whitehouse book thingy that would be great

HSC
we have been given an extremely good textbook...

"Textiles and Design-Preliminary and HSC" by Christine Castle and Lynda Peters....

its got everything!all the dot points in the syllabus are covered...and very helpful for assignments... it also has a section on the mtp-explains it thoroughly and egs and also the marking guidelines(criteria) and also goes through the written examination... its a lifesaver!

HSC
where do you buy this amazing book?
ill see if i can find my copy of the whitehouse booklet and scan it over for u, check the post tomorrow or the day after ;)

as for the textbook, try 'bellbird' you can order it online it's about $50 but its very thick and like someone said before, just fantastic, everything u'll ever need to know theory and prac. try leading book shops too, if they dont have it in stock, they could order it in for you.

HSC
yeah that textbook is really, really good.
there are also major work documentation samples on NSW HSC Online
try and get your teacher to give you a student's past documentation that got a really good mark, it will give you a good guide on how much space should be given to each part within the page samples
message me if you have any questions for textiles (i did it for the hsc last year and got a mark of 97)

HSC
then how come my several students last year and in the years before, used different sized folios?

im pretty sure its ok as my teacher was encouraging it
Personally, i recommend the A3 size follio, as you have more room. If you see most texstyle exhibitions, some of the top students are use A5. Also, if any of you guys have been to the seminars at the White House, one of the lecturers named Amy I think also recommened this size as well.

HSC
ill see if i can find my copy of the whitehouse booklet and scan it over for u, check the post tomorrow or the day after ;)

as for the textbook, try 'bellbird' you can order it online it's about $50 but its very thick and like someone said before, just fantastic, everything u'll ever need to know theory and prac. try leading book shops too, if they dont have it in stock, they could order it in for you.

Newsagncys and Lincraft

HSC
i used A4 and for my project I found it heaps easier than A3...there was alot less work involved in the layout because I could just print my text directly onto A4 paper, and add a nice border...with A3 it's harder to see how the text will fit on the page when you edit it on the computer, and you'd have to glue all the text after its printed onto the bigger paper and then put more work into the layout. Also, a few years ago in the marking feedback the markers discouraged the use of A3 because alot of people wasted alot of the space with unnecessarily large borders. So if you use A3 make sure you dont waste space.
That's just my opinion...use whatever you think will work best. Neither of the sizes has more or less space.
Also, my teacher only let us use 1 size for the whole portfolio. So if you're thinking of using both sizes for different sections, double check with the board of studies that its allowed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)