Wrecked Projects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Got our projects back today... was such a disappointment... they were just chucked in there... all crunched up ...i know that they dont have much time but golly! mine had beads off, another had sequins missing, another had a whole section unpicked from the base... we worked a whole year on these, you would have thought that they could have taken a bit more care!

Did anyone else have these problems?

clairebear41

HSC
Wow you have your majorwork back! They have been gone for ages but i though we got the back on the first day of the HSC. maybe its different for you.

Far out it sounds horrible, i dont want mine back if it is going to be pretty much ruined. So much effort went into it.

HSC
Thats what we thought... you would think they would know that the beads and sequins arent going to be as strongly sewn on because they are not professionally done!HANDLE WITH CARE! Hehe

clairebear41

HSC
Aww i know it would probably say that on your label as well. Hey do you have a pic?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I suppose once they're done with them, they consider them useless in a way. Hence the mistreatment. Not that's its fair mind you...

HSC
totally agree! might sound dorky, but will write to the bored of studies.... after i get my marks back....

sorry clarebear41... dont have a pic... :( am going to get it photographed after exams (and after i have fixed it), so that i can put it in my portfolio...

evil_kitten

HSC
yeah, we got told they return in ball form.
all i have to say to them is, good luck with the ultra-boned corset!

and we got told we dont get our back till mid novemeber. thats when our school got them last year..

kateemily

HSC
i think it depends in the oreder they arrived and were marked. so if your school sent them off a week before they were due, chances are they would be near the beginning once opened and sorted to be marked. we were told ours would come back last week of term3 but most likely beginning of term4. i dont want mine back cos that means ive gotten into texstyle. never hoped id get in, but after a while of aiming for full marks i realised getting into texstyle and getting full marks generally go 2gether. ill keep dreaming

HSC
we sent ours off the last day they were due, so we weren't earlybirds! Maybe because we live in a rural area... i dont know!

ever hoping i get into textstyle, but dont think it will happen! will have to wait and see!to cut a long story short... got material majorally late(due to it being imported) and then the weekend before it was due on monday, i was at a wedding all weekend! sewing beads in the motel/car! fabulous ! so i think my construction in some areas was very poor-hence not worth full marks!

goodluck to everyone else...

clairebear41

HSC
If you get your major work back does that mean you havn't gotten into Texstyle? I thought that everyone got theres back and then you find out whether or not you have gotten in after the exams. Maybe not?

I got my MTP back today!! I was so excited I missed it a lot. However mine was not in ball(thank God) it was folded nicley. And i made bags for all my bits to go in and it came back with my bags and all the bits in them. I was so happy about it. If i missed something I would have cryed.lol

Good luck everyone. i can't believe our exam is on the 13th! last day!!!. I have 10 days to study for textiles.... I think i could do it in about two.lol

HSC
yes that is my understanding : art-dont send it back if you get into artexpress
textiles-send it back regardless...

modern history and then a tonnes of days rest (day or so of study) before art and textiles (10th and 13th) Timetable is awesome for me!

goodluck everyone

lanss

HSC
i believe art exam is on the 11th... i can't wait to get mine back.. but i think they will displayed at school.. with our major art projects.. that will be cool cos my 2 go together :)

MzBiiBii

HSC
i believe art exam is on the 11th... i can't wait to get mine back.. but i think they will displayed at school.. with our major art projects.. that will be cool cos my 2 go together :)
Do we get our Art Major back on the 11th ???:confused:

HSC
Sorry "lanss", yes the exam is on the 11th, thats what study does to your brain!

"mzbiibii" not sure when we get art back, but...Artexpress nominations will not be announced until after Year 12 exams are all over...so after November 13th. If selected for Artexpress we have to mail it back to them by November 27th. The teachers have to keep all work (regardless) until November 20th. So i presume all art projects will be back by the 20th! i am pretty sure this is reliable info-teacher, who am pretty sure found out via the board of studies.

hope this helps!

kateemily

HSC
finally went and got my major from skool. i dodnt even open it 2 look at it so dont no if its damaged. but it was definately chucked back in the box. was quite excited, on the sheet of paper u had 2 send in with ur number, the focus area and brief description, in the blank column where the markers usually write boring stuff with no relevance, another kid in my class and myself both had 'wow' written :D cant wait til the textiles exam is done. not cos i wont hav 2 do skool and exams anymore, but cos ill no if i got into texstyle. did anybody else see their sheet or have something written?

evil_kitten

HSC
I got mine back, all nicely folded.
There isn't any visible damage, but it is a costume and so it's pretty tough..
Except they did undo all the lacing. And I had lacing on the underskirt, corset and dress. Thats a lot of lacing..
Don't think I got a sheet though =\
Havn't really been looking at it much.

Alfred.Einstein

HSC
hey kateemily!

how did you find out that you got in?
i heard the letters got sent out on friday

but i havent heard about anyone receiving one yet :)

clairebear41

HSC
Het kateemily
CONGRADS!!
bummer i didn't get in but oh well.....

At least i know someone who did :)

kateemily

HSC

yeh i got a letter on monday, my teacher got an email last friday as well as a letter today. my principal also got a letter 2day along with my teacher. yeh if people got the letters they shouldve got them yesterday or today i think because we have to send stuff back by friday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)