unusual finds in your MDP box? (1 Viewer)

kateemily

HSC
I was wondering whether anyone else found anything weird when re-opening their textiles MDP box because i opened mine yesterday (after telling myself i wouldnt for a long time) and i saw a piece of wood as i was pulling my dress out. needless 2 say i wasnt happy at the thougth a piece of wood some how got in my box. then as i kept pulling out my dress i realised it was a coat hanger.

did anyone else have this? i assume that means it was hung some where, hopefully as a marking example. i checked with my teacher and she didnt notice it when she checked my dress and folio were in the box when they came back (the coat hanger was at the bottom) and she knew nothing about it. my dress was folded even nicer than how i sent it. beautifully wrapped in tissue paper and everything. so i can only assume someone took the time to do this, maybe at the end of marking?!

but i couldnt get over this. anyone else have a similar thing? btw i didnt have any random markings on my box. bit of a let down. despite the fact i have no idea what they mean and generally have minimal significance to students, i felt a bit gipped lol

epic post eh

clairebear41

HSC
Hahaha, hopefully you got in then :)
I have said this before in another post, but my dress was also neatly folded and carefully put into the box almost like how i sent it.

Its so funny because everyone is looking for signs that they are in

I will tell you what is epic- waiting for the fricken textiles exam.
9 days i have to study. lol

Ahh well

Happy-Go-Lucky

HSC
I didn't have a coathanger but mine came back folded in tissue paper. It was nicely done but i stilll wasn't keen on it because the tissue papper was yellow and my dress was white and cream. I suppose should be grateful considering it seems some markers didn't take the time to place everyones nicely back.

stylishmartin

HSC
Hopefully tissue paper means all things positive :) Good luck girls. I have just started year 12 and finally made a decision about my MTP. I am thoroughly excited! There's always that feeling that everything's been done before, you know? ... What did you all make?

clairebear41

HSC
Ahhh there is that problem that all the 'ideas are taken' just think outside the box and you will be fine. A lot of people choose not to make a dress because 'everyone does it', however, I believe that if you have a strong and different idea/inspiration then you will be rewarded. Also if you have innovative or different techniques to apply this will also make you stand out. Most importantly chose something that your good at. If you suck at sewing straight chose something that will incoperate lots of techniques which will make up for your sewing ect....

All in all good luck for next year :) . The textiles major work was fantastic to do, although, it takes a lot of time especially if your aiming to get a band 6. My advise to everyone doing there MTP's this year would be to start early and use you time wisely. The textiles folio takes much more time than i expected. But it is so much fun to do!! especially if you have really boring theory subjects.... it's a nice break.

Sorry about my little rant. I made a dress. My theme was multicultralism in Australia. Its hard to explain, however, i will eventually post a picture up when i can be bothered to take one.

good luck for your MTP, and most importantly have fun!:tongue:

kateemily

HSC
yeh i made a dress, but i steered clear of the whole 'ball-gown-princess-bride' type of dress. mine was a little girls size and was all patchworked and hand embroidered in a nutshell focussing around domestication and its affect on young girls :)
yeh as much as we say start early and dnt leave ur folio 2 the last minute, you'll more than likely make the same mistakes as everyone else whos done textiles b4 u, and leave everything last minute. biggest thing u can do, what i did, was have a minimum of 10 techniques in my piece. and not just like a zipper, a button, some hand embroidery. really repeat your techniques, so have fairly prominent ones, not ones that are hidden that you've only done once. the more subtle you can make the techniques blend into your design the better, but ur aim is to produce something that shows how much you can do. so if u can do it, and it works with ur design, then theres no reason not to put it in! try and have a broad inspiration (make it up if u have to, i did) that you can delve into deeply in certain areas. it allows u alot more room to be metaphorical and representational in ur design, especially if ur doing textile art. but goodluck!

if i had 2 re-do my MYP i dont know if i could, it was so much work, but after pulling it out of the box the other day having not seen it for a couple of months, i felt quite proud of how much i proved to myself that i could do what i did. it took me a long time to learn and be proud of my work, and happy with it. i finally realised that i produced my piece in 4.5 months, and not only that, but that i was doing exams, assignments and had 4 other subjects to attend to. do something u love, because it does get tough. i did hand embroidery and natural hand dyeing. i grew up doing hand embroidery, so play to ur strengths and do what u love. i sat and watched a movie or 2 every weekend sewing a different patch and i passed time easily cos i enjoyed it

long winded. but all in all. goodluck chop sticks, work hard and work ur butt off. work now, play later ;)

stylishmartin

HSC
Thanks so much, girls. Your words are very inspirational! I'm trying to avoid falling into the last-minute norm, fingers crossed! Are you all going to follow a textiles-related career?

kateemily

HSC
im not going anywhere textile related for a career, going into health, so polar opposite really. ill still continue to knit and sew and all that in my spare time, jst couldnt do it as a job

Mone

HSC
Is it ok when I haven't even recieved an email from my teacher saying that we can collect our work?
You guys are giving me a minor heart attack, might email my textile teacher now...

And OMG, kateemily. I'm almost going to do the same thing except i am planning to try for textiel first, then health. Just because I am expected that I wouldn't get 90+ and band 6 for textile to get me into UTS this year.

kateemily

HSC
Is it ok when I haven't even recieved an email from my teacher saying that we can collect our work?
You guys are giving me a minor heart attack, might email my textile teacher now...

And OMG, kateemily. I'm almost going to do the same thing except i am planning to try for textiel first, then health. Just because I am expected that I wouldn't get 90+ and band 6 for textile to get me into UTS this year.
i honestly wouldnt freak out. i only got mine back cos ive been coming in for extra classes (i have a 2 week break between 2nd last examd and textiles) and i picked it up then. if it werent for the classes i wouldnt have even bothered 2 get it, altho urs should b back by now. dw my teacher didnt let me no it was back so dnt hav a heart attack yet lol

thats heaps good. i love sewing and all that jazz, was brought up doing it but for a job? couldnt do it. yeh im looking at 85+ minimum but 90+ to have a gap yr. goolcuk with still having a crack at 90 and a band 6. the only hope i hav 4 a band 6 in textils is being almost-not-quite-certain i got close, if not full marks for my MDP, otherwise id b having a heart attack lol. freaking out bout barely getting 85 now

evil_kitten

HSC
I got mine back on moday and it was all nicely folded, which considering how much fabric there is was quite a bit of effort..
Don't know what it means though =S

kateemily

HSC
solved the 'problem'. found out from a marker that my dress was hung as an example :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)