Major Textiles project! (1 Viewer)

almostthere

HSC
When did everybody start their Major Textile Projects?
Our teacher only let us start at the begining of this term!
freaking out that I wont finish my porfolio and that our whole class will get crap marks because of the limited time we have had!!

Also what is everybody making?
I'm making a Moulin Rouge inspired burlesque/cabaret outfit!

Plus how many experimentations are we supposed to include in our portfolio's? because my teacher said 9 and I've had a look at 2 peoples portfolio's from the past couple of years and they didn't do nearly as many!

Mj92

HSC
We started our MTP in first term of Year 12, of course that was mainly just deciding what we were going to do, sewing started second term.

I am making a textile art dress based on Alice In Wonderland.

You dont have to do 9 experiments, 3-4 experiments is fine but you have to be able to justify your reasoning for chosing to do those experiments, although there is lots of experiments you can do, absorbancy test, flammability test, durability test, drape test, ect they are not all relevant to your garment.

Hope Ive helped :)

HSC
Aw I wish I did textiles (if they ran it at my school) sounds so much fun, GOOD luck for your work :)

beejayelle

HSC
Your teacher only let you start last term?
Is she crazy?
We started designing it all and gathering materials last year. And production started first term of this year.
You will be fine, just, don't waste any time. Is your teacher offering any weekend or holidays lessons to try and make up for lost time?

And I am making a weddig dress out of old wedding dresses.
Realy simple, but loads and loads of embroidery and stuff like that.

Have you started your portfolio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)