Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Textile Arts

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Furnishings

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

aud

HSC
Just what the question says... I'm doing furnishings (a lounge cover), but I never hear much of many people doing anything but apparel and arts...

aud

HSC
I checked the Marker's Notes for this years HSC and they said the most popular in order are:
1. Apparel
2. Costume
3. Textile Arts
4. Furnishings
5. Non-Apparel

Hey, is it just me or is there no one around that's doing T&D this year?

People... speak more...

aud

HSC
Ooh, and how come this subjects doesn't have a Mod? I think T&D deserves a Mod... And a textbook~!! Or at least an Excel book... seriously... we're not stupid... just look at the UAI cut offs at UTS this year... and besides, I can't be that stupid - I do 8 units of English and Maths :p

aud

HSC
No, I've never seen anything like that on the site, where is it? I went to Texstyle with my school though, some of the things were astounding, others I honestly didn't think deserved to be there... but maybe I'm just being too harsh :p

<<lauren>>

im a bit worried because im making an oh-so-typical formal gown (in a not-so-typical fashion, but still) and everyone says NOT to do a formal gown because the markers get so sick of them. do u think i should jazz it up a little with accessories and make it a costume?

aud

HSC
Originally posted by <<lauren>>
im a bit worried because im making an oh-so-typical formal gown (in a not-so-typical fashion, but still) and everyone says NOT to do a formal gown because the markers get so sick of them. do u think i should jazz it up a little with accessories and make it a costume?
No, sounds good as it is. Just astound them with near-perfection and good justification and research and they'll be happy. Even if you do decide to embellish it a little with embroidery or beading, I'd keep it as apparel because it'd be harder to justify it as a one-time use costume.

hayleyyy

HSC
does anyone have any information on the focus area textile arts.. i have an assessment on it any i'm having trouble finding ANYTHING :(
ox

HSC
there is a textbook...its brilliant :)
also are there photos anywhere from the texstyle for 2008?

HSC
does anyone have any information on the focus area textile arts.. i have an assessment on it any i'm having trouble finding ANYTHING :(
ox

i did textile arts...and i kinda looked at the ability of the item to convey a message to a wide audience. i talked about that alot in my doc, relating it to my thing :)

Jazicat

HSC
Apparel... argh. somethings should never ever ever be left to the last minutes ever ever ever... arrrrrgh. portfolio argh!

evil_kitten

HSC
Apparel... argh. somethings should never ever ever be left to the last minutes ever ever ever... arrrrrgh. portfolio argh!
agreed
i was all like "yeah ive got heaps of time..
i took my frigging time with the corset and only really started on the dress at the end of term 2 D:
i had to go into school 9 days in the holidays, and i still have a fair bit to do
not to mention the portfolio..
i have a pretty bad track record when it comes to last minute portfolios. they tend to be done the night before/ on the day and only after my garment is done.
i'm an idiot.

Jazicat

HSC
agreed
i was all like "yeah ive got heaps of time..
i took my frigging time with the corset and only really started on the dress at the end of term 2 D:
i had to go into school 9 days in the holidays, and i still have a fair bit to do
not to mention the portfolio..
i have a pretty bad track record when it comes to last minute portfolios. they tend to be done the night before/ on the day and only after my garment is done.
i'm an idiot.

Oh my fucking god i do the exact same thing... but now i am freaking out... i still haven't started my portfolio, i have about 1/4 of my dress to go and everything is just fucking up majorly... and then... i have my drama and i haven't done that, and right now... its about 1am and i have an ancient assignment of 2000 words due in the morning and i have no fucking idea what i'm doing and i haven't slept in days and oh dear god i'm an idiot. oh dear dear dear.

evil_kitten

HSC
Oh my fucking god i do the exact same thing... but now i am freaking out... i still haven't started my portfolio, i have about 1/4 of my dress to go and everything is just fucking up majorly... and then... i have my drama and i haven't done that, and right now... its about 1am and i have an ancient assignment of 2000 words due in the morning and i have no fucking idea what i'm doing and i haven't slept in days and oh dear god i'm an idiot. oh dear dear dear.
omg thats so what i am like
my school pic is HORRIBLE and its the one theyre using for the board of studies id thingy
and all cuz i was up till 5 am doing my freaking legal studies assignment. i only got 1 1/2 hours sleep D:
and it dont help that ive been all sick
i almost put myself in hospital by all these non-existant sleeps

Jazicat

HSC
omg thats so what i am like
my school pic is HORRIBLE and its the one theyre using for the board of studies id thingy
and all cuz i was up till 5 am doing my freaking legal studies assignment. i only got 1 1/2 hours sleep D:
and it dont help that ive been all sick
i almost put myself in hospital by all these non-existant sleeps
oh god finally someone who seriously understands. the most hours sleep i've had in a night in the last two weeks (excluding one day when i fell asleep in the art room in my morning free period and slept til last period :S) is two hours sleep. and i have the flu and i'm so run down and trials start on monday and i am trying to avoid getting any sicker with the flu and oh dear. school is under no circumstances a healthy place to be ever. its going to be ok. sigh. i'm just really scared that the last 13 years of school comes down to this and i just don't seem to have time to actually go as well as i really want to or could. i really hope that you get some sleep. sleep will make everything better. when i finish my HSC i am seriously going to just sleep for a month.

Mz Prettifull

HSC
wow...omg!!! i thought dat my skool was the only one who has't finished da major....so friigen annoying!!!

evil_kitten

HSC
oh god finally someone who seriously understands. the most hours sleep i've had in a night in the last two weeks (excluding one day when i fell asleep in the art room in my morning free period and slept til last period :S) is two hours sleep. and i have the flu and i'm so run down and trials start on monday and i am trying to avoid getting any sicker with the flu and oh dear. school is under no circumstances a healthy place to be ever. its going to be ok. sigh. i'm just really scared that the last 13 years of school comes down to this and i just don't seem to have time to actually go as well as i really want to or could. i really hope that you get some sleep. sleep will make everything better. when i finish my HSC i am seriously going to just sleep for a month.
i started getting the flu about a week before my trials stared
then last weekend it was soo bad, i could barely breathe and i had to go do my english trial monday morning, i did soo shit
i was so badly drugged up on codral and shit, i'm not entirely sure i made any sense..

evil_kitten

HSC
wow...omg!!! i thought dat my skool was the only one who has't finished da major....so friigen annoying!!!
thank god theres more, i dont fell so stupid now...
my teacher said a couple years ago she had someone hand in their "garment" with no seams, it was just pattern pieces pinned together lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)