Hey, where are all you fashionistas at, studying i guess (1 Viewer)

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, my teacher said we should get them back in the first week of 4th term, but don't quote me on this. My teacher is great but she is a bit all over the place.:smile: Put soooo much work into my major so I want to see it again. Heres hoping to get into texstyle, by the way what was your major? Mine was a wallhanging.

Last edited:

Yallaby1

HSC
woow sounds cool, my MTP was a textile artwork in the form of a tutu with arms reaching out...yeh now all we can do is wait...goodluck though :)

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey you pumped for the exam on Tuesday, Ive been studying like crazy. Look at the TEA website, they put the dates for texstyle up. Hope you do well and good luck with your major.

Yallaby1

HSC
thank youuuuu, goodluck aswell. I have maths on the same day but thats alright.....lol yeh im pumped

Yallaby1

HSC
Did you get your MTP's back? and if not do you reckon the peeps who get into texstyles get theirs back the same time as everyone else? Goodluck with getting in

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I got mine back on the third but not allowed to take it home till I sign out. In regards to getting into texstyle my teacher said it can be very unpredicatble and too with the exhibition starting so late this year ( not untill the end of feb) they will probably send them back with the rest, thats just my guess. What designer, culture and historical design deveoplement have you studied? we could quizz each other on here on Monday if we have the same. Mine are in the above order Akira Isogawa, Japanese, Apparel-swimwear.

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
See ya then ;);) By the way my tip for remembering bicomponent yarns think of them as food/ cosmetics Biconstituent=choc chip icecream , Core and sheath= sausage roll and side by side=toothpaste

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
hey quick quizz qestion for you. What are the 4 p's of marketing and describe how price structure affects the target market? this question is open to anyone who wants some practise and will be on later to answer.

Last edited:

Yallaby1

HSC
hmm ok price, product, place promotion. price structure affects the target market in that if you have more money to spend you will be willing to pay that extra dollar to buy a the product however if you are of a low socioeconomic background you are going to aim for cheaper items. how does that sound? lol

Q)Explain how a finishing technique can e used to enhance faabric performance for a specific end use?

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Great answer but just a little note, my teacher said you should include the whole name, she deducted points from my trial for writting just price, place, promotion and product.

Ok to answer yours.
The finishing technique of using proban enhances fabric performance for items such as childrens sleepwear and bed linnen by providing a fire retardency which allows it to be used in the above applications.
Scotch guard/teflon also ehances fabric performance by allowing fibres such as cotton and polyester to become water repellent and stain retardent for the specific end use of theatre seating/ outdoor seating. This is just a brief answer but I would include more detail depending on mark value.
Question
How has historical design development in your focus area influenced consumer choice area worth 5 marks but just dot point.

Last edited:

Yallaby1

HSC
thnx for the tips, hope you get texstyle seems like you deserve it

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hope you do to cause its great to see someone else who hasnt just made a pretty dress or outfit but actually thought about putting real creativity in.
Those of us who put in the hard yards should be rewarded this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)