Texstyle for HSC 2011 (1 Viewer)

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Just got the news I am in. Who else on here got nominated. So very very happy. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: Oh yeah and another girl got in from my school as well

Last edited:

Emma Maree

HSC
Congratulations!! I was selected too.. It was very exciting when I saw the envelope in the mail!! All those hours have paid off!!!! :)

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
By the looks of it they sent a letter to both you and your school, though Yallaby1 yours might still be coming, I just live close enough to Sydney that mail only takes one working day to get to us. Yallaby 1 I realy hope you get in too, you deserve it.
Emma Maree, Congratulations What did you make? We'll have to meet up at the presentation night.
There is so mush to get ready, so little time, my folio copies and other doccumentation have to be in by Monday.
Congrats to everyone who gets in and good luck.

Yallaby1

HSC
oh ok lol THANK YOU Nerdygirl, i'm happy for you with all my heart and everyone else. Looks like there's a lot to prepare for heheh goodluck and keep in touch. I'll let you know if i get mail hehe :)))))

Emma Maree

HSC
By the looks of it they sent a letter to both you and your school, though Yallaby1 yours might still be coming, I just live close enough to Sydney that mail only takes one working day to get to us. Yallaby 1 I realy hope you get in too, you deserve it.
Emma Maree, Congratulations What did you make? We'll have to meet up at the presentation night.
There is so mush to get ready, so little time, my folio copies and other doccumentation have to be in by Monday.
Congrats to everyone who gets in and good luck.
Thanks Nerdygirl. Yes, I also found out by post. I just sent off my supporting documentation today. I live in country NSW about 6 hours drive from sydney so it should get there my monday. I made a simple A line skirt covered with ruched chiffon, held in place by a massive crochet chain. It is then covered with lots and lots and lots of handmade fabric flowers. I also had a singlet top with a massive fabric flower on the shoulder. Its very bright and colourful!! :) We will definently have to meet at the presentation. I'm excited to see everyone elses projects :) What did you make??

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
I made a huge rainforest wall hanging. It was inspired by a picture book so I made it as tactile as possible with 3D elements and realistic textures, the idea was that it was a piece of textile art that looked like if you came close enough you were in the forest. I made heaps of cute animals too, a frog that jumps out at you, a possum that feels like the real thing (soft and fluffy), two thread painted birds (only organza and machine free motion embroidery) and even a tiny beetle to go into the undergrowth. Little kids seem to love it.
I'll probably send my documentation on Thursday but I live about an hours drive from sydney and it would take ten minutes to drive to where I have to send my folio.
Hope to see you Emma Maree and by the way I think we were in the same area classification as my area some how got regarded as country NSW.

Last edited:

IceCreamMonster

HSC
Congratulations everyone!
I just started year 12 this term and reading that someone's work is going to be in an exhibition is very exciting!!! I was wandering... if your work gets exhibited does it mean you're a state ranker?

Once again congratulations!!! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)