HSC Textiles and Design MTP 2012 (1 Viewer)

becs95

HSC
So apparently the Board of studies released a FIXED font size, type, etc etc for our MTP folios (excluding headings, fancy quotes, etc etc)
Does anyone know what it is?

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
This is definetly true
Schools need to ensure their students are aware of a small addition to the Textiles and Design major projects criteria for 2012.

The following text has been added to the criteria for supporting documentation in students’ folios on page 10 of Assessment and Reporting in Textiles and Design Stage 6:

“A clear and easily read font, equivalent in size to 12-point Times New Roman, should be used for text.”
A quote from the board themselves as last year.

Though I don't think it is meant to limit any creativity with folio design just increase the readability, in other words make sure what you say can be read by a marker without causing any grief because apparently if they can't read it easily they don't go looking for those extra marks.
Hope this helps and if you are in need of any more assistance I would be glad to give it.

becs95

HSC
Yeah definitely for the whole readability thing.. I've seen a lot of portfolios that were so hard to read purely because of their choice of font or because they had so much information, they had to pack it all in by using size 10 and under font.

It says equivalent in size to 12-pt Times, but not necessarily Times right?

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, it doesn't have to be times just something where the characters can be easily made out or as easy to read as times.
Hmmm with the folios that were almost unreadable, mine was one of those. To fit my order of construction in I used size 9 in Arial but that was only for that section and because my item was so complicated, I still made Texstyle though but that was last year before the rule change.

Genesis015

HSC
Actually I've never heard of textile in HSC level. Is this a prep study?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)