major works (1 Viewer)

V

val_dramaqueen

wow... not much goin down in the textiles forum, eh?!
well... i was just curious as to what everyone else did for their textiles major work... if you can, submit pics and such... would love to see them!
and before you ask, mine didn't get completed in time... so no pics from me *blushes*

V

val_dramaqueen

cool. got any pics??

and everyone else out there... dont be so friggin shy!!! show everyone what your made of and show us the talented people that you are!

HSC
N/A
Well, I tried to do this ocean thing - which was pretty cool. I finished the project, but completely screwed up my supporting documentation (didn;t finish, completely inept time management) so I don't want to show my work either!

Although 3 girls from my textiles class got into the Textiles Exhibition, so that's VERY cool! Go HGHS! (except for me).

HSC
N/A
:S I really, really don't think so. At the moment, my estimated best mark (yes, even if I do well in the practical work and HSC exam) would be a Band 4, although I'm expecting a Band 3 or worse. the Supporting Documentation was THAT bad - although the major work itself was pretty cool, although that's just my opinion. ugh am screwed for textiles... yay for bonus 5 UAI points for Mac Uni... ugh am still screwed with only 10 Units... ugh am screwed...

V

val_dramaqueen

aud said:
Sure... I made a lounge cover ensemble... photos aren't that great, but meh... taken the morning it was due :D
nice work aud!
i'm liking your avatar quite a bit too lol!

mandles

I did a set of cushions that had a 3D rainforest design on the front of them. Don't know how i ever thought up the idea... and i was so sick of looking at them by the end of it. did anyone else feel like that? anyways i got into the Texstyle Exhibition... so someone must of liked em!!!

nicolina_angel

flamenco dance costume

all your mtp sonds real nice... i made a Latin costume i called it 'latin lovers'. It is a spanish dance castume used for the flamenco dance. I have no idea how i went. But i hope i went good. the folio was the last minute thing. i didn't allow myself much time at all to do the folio so i think i let myself down.i would sent a photo but the size of the kb is too large. But its a red and black dance costome. finished with looped tassels and red sequins. the top is a corset and is held up with black rope through eyelets. So my inspiration for the top was the 19th and 20th century and the skirt was inspired by th tradition latin dance costume from Spain.

V

val_dramaqueen

nicolina_angel said:
all your mtp sonds real nice... i made a Latin costume i called it 'latin lovers'. It is a spanish dance castume used for the flamenco dance. I have no idea how i went. But i hope i went good. the folio was the last minute thing. i didn't allow myself much time at all to do the folio so i think i let myself down.i would sent a photo but the size of the kb is too large. But its a red and black dance costome. finished with looped tassels and red sequins. the top is a corset and is held up with black rope through eyelets. So my inspiration for the top was the 19th and 20th century and the skirt was inspired by th tradition latin dance costume from Spain.
wow! sounds awesome!!! well done. wish i could see it

aud

HSC
Thanks guys :D

I don't think any of the girls in my class got into Texstyle... it'd be nice if they did though. But I def want to go see it when its all put together... does anyone know where it is this year? Last years was so... cramped.

Val, you like my avatar? :D I like my avatar too, very, very much so... but Jai, Orlando and Anthony have huge fights every once in a while... and he comes out on top, cause I use the others in different forums.

V

val_dramaqueen

yes, yes, yes... Jai is just WAY too cute!!
but i love Carson too... he's my homeboy!

libgem

awwwww congratulations everyone!

I don't want mine back- too depressing

i heard the exhibition is at whitehouse this yr

V

val_dramaqueen

our major works have come back... last week actually...

have yours all returned?

Ashems

Mtp

hi, I got my major project back today...I dont like it anymore than when I sent it but everyone else except my mum and I love it. I think that's just cos I spent so many hours making it. I made a textile art...a wallhanging of superimosed features of the town i live in. I used a fair few techniques so hopefully that got me ok marks...too bad if not. I had a look at my folio and i think the people at bos wrecked one of the pages cause there is stuff thats come off and its not there...gggooonnnee...and its all scrunched up and stuffs...i sure hope it wasnt like that before it was marked. What's done is done though......now for the exam.....goodluck to everyone...

Last edited by a moderator:

aud

HSC
Yea, ours are all back, but the Year 11... I mean, Year 12 class is playing with it... feels so weird calling them that, but I just realised my teacher called them Year 11s as well :D Then my school's keeping whatever they're allowed to 'borrow' from us to help them out... but we're allowed to take them home after the exam... ahh... the exam...

sarsha.dawn

HSC
heyy how long does it take to get your project back? i had wanted to wear mine to formal :( doesnt look likely :((

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)