Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: careers in fashion design

HSC

Re: careers in fashion design

hey.. yer i want to do either marketing or something in the textiles industry.. im thinking i want to be something like a retail buyer, or fashion coordinator, but i hav no idea how to get into that type of career. And i kno how high u hav to get in order to go to uni.. any suggestions??

HSC

Talking 回复: careers in fashion design

ive wanted to work in the fashion industry for as long as i can remember!! it would be so awesome to have such a fun job!! im not sure what i want to do yet... im thinking anything from a designer to working with fashion magazines.. ive got my heart set on UTS..but im starting to think its an unrealistic goal to get such a high UAI!!! im now thinking about east sydney especially after seeing how many top designers have studied there!! all i want to say to everyone is dont ever give up!! if u put ur mind to it u can get there in the end..if u dont get the UAI u want its not the end of the world!!

FaShIoNiStA
    HSC

hey *rina* ,dan and pinksparkle
    i know and totally agree that after school i want to go to east sydney and do the course there as uts does sound extremely unrealistic uai i mean for 7 more point we can do medical science wtf?
    kvb does also sound goood as well , yet what i really want is prob a internship somewhere coause ive been told the more exprerience3 the beta!!!!!!!!!!!
    ***FASHIONISTA***

all i want is a 70.00
    if i get 69.95 ill be pissed
    if i get 70.05 ill be pissed

Cadet
    HSC

Akira Isogawa did design in KvB.

I once wanted to do fashion design but I realised that it could only ever be a dream @_@. It's too competitive since there are such limited spots.

Recently, the Whitehouse college came to our school to teach us fashion drawing and one student was lucky enough to get a one week workshop scholarship valued at $500 approx. Too bad it wasn't me But then again, I don't really need it since I can do graphic design XD!!! But I got a highly commeneded award! (runner up) hehehehhe.

Yeah, we must keep this section alive. It's very much dead -_-.

HSC

Question Re: careers in fashion design

Who can tell me which 1 is the best college in NSW for fashion design..etc..
    I am on the halfway of yr11..I am gonna transfer to a school in sydney..

tz_lyj_6@hotmail.com

Thx..

HSC

+..

better the school with other subject..

not a school special 4 fashion design..

HSC

there is always the whitehouse of fashion.. but that's after u finish the HSC.. what year are u in now?
    Diliberation is never the key for sexuality, Only blowjobs count towards your UAI.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Fault

I once wanted to do fashion design but I realised that it could only ever be a dream @_@. It's too competitive since there are such limited spots.

Recently, the Whitehouse college came to our school to teach us fashion drawing and one student was lucky enough to get a one week workshop scholarship valued at $500 approx. Too bad it wasn't me But then again, I don't really need it since I can do graphic design XD!!! But I got a highly commeneded award! (runner up) hehehehhe.

what you going to do with the graphic design? cos i know if i dont get into fashion im doing graphic designing.. are u doing it for your HSC major work? I was lucky enoff to get into the National Art School of Australia.. for digital media or graphic design.. which helped me heaps.. anyways.. hope u know wat ur doing.. cos i have somewhat of an idea..
    Diliberation is never the key for sexuality, Only blowjobs count towards your UAI.

HSC

oh!^

Thx..

Are there any school for after school study? then..

FaShIoNiStA
    HSC

there are only a selected few
    fbi fashion college glebe = im going to this one after school absolutely love it
    whitehouse institute of design
    east sydney tafe
    australian institute of desin at burwood i think its called the style school
    uts has a cool fashion course
    also the melbourne school of fashion if ur seriouse in relocating
    and
    canberra uni
    oh and bachelor of design at unsw
    if this helps
    ***FASHIONISTA***

all i want is a 70.00

Cadet
    HSC

The best place for fashion design is east sydney. dont go to private colleges all they care about is your payments, i know my teacher in fashion taught in one of them for a couple of years, and the selection process is bs...they jus make it seem like its really compeitive. East sydney has brought out alot of good designers because they are selective about the students they admit so if you got talent you'l b good. UTS is alright only prob is high uai...being smart doesnt mean your creative but if you get in its great you get more time there to develop your style. Good luck ppl

HSC

Hey Vogue do you have a numba or web site for this school...
    australian institute of desin at burwood
    Thanks =)

FaShIoNiStA
    HSC

HEY nETTYNOU
    IT IS
    called the australian insitute of workplace learning
    and the course there are
    Advance diploma in fashion design 2 years full time and it cost 14 500 per year
    and the course in fashion styling which goes for 10 weeks and cost 1200

it is located at 1 rowely street burwood
    ph 8746 64 00 and website
    www.aiwl.com.au
    ***FASHIONISTA***

all i want is a 70.00

HSC

Thanks a bunch...it really helps =)

HSC

hey!

im applying for UTS fashion design course for next year!!! i went to the open day last weekend and the course looks AWESOME!!! seriously i was in awe! lol

so good, cause last year the UAI was 98, and this year has gone down to 88, still fairly high but a bit more reasonable. the course is fully exclusive, because only 45 people get chosen for the course, so it would be REALLY hard to get it, but yeah im hoping!!!

anyone else planning on goin there next year? also anyone from the newcastle area applying for that course???

alyse

motherlover
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by vogue
    HEY nETTYNOU
    IT IS
    called the australian insitute of workplace learning
    and the course there are
    Advance diploma in fashion design 2 years full time and it cost 14 500 per year
    and the course in fashion styling which goes for 10 weeks and cost 1200

it is located at 1 rowely street burwood
    ph 8746 64 00 and website
    www.aiwl.com.au
    just a pointer...i went to an open day there at the beginning of the year...and it was terrible and so unprofessional. they had this drawing workshop...and they were using watercolours from the reject shop. so basically that place is a waste of time and money and i doubt you will develop any sort of skill there.

Quote Originally Posted by alyse
    only 45 people get chosen for the course,
    thas not true...they have places for up to 120 people. i asked at the open day.

For anyone who wants to get into the ultimo tafe Fashion Design Course, more than anything in the world...you can do the certificate 4 Design course. its for only one year and if you do the course you have a 98% chance of getting into the fashion design course, if you are capable. also there is the less popular and less known St George Fashion Design course...which is exactly the same course as the ultimo course. GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT YEAR EVERYONE!

HSC

anyone know how much the fees are at FBI fashion College ? I just want to do a fashion /business short course and open a shop!

HSC

i wanna do design, but i definately wont get the mark
    but will extiles bring the UAI down though?
    cuaz how am i suuposed to get 90 when textles brings the UAI down

HSC

Im really torn between Ultimo and St George.

- I already go to St George for tvet and have gotten to know some teachers are really like the one I have now
    - Its close to where I live but since it hasnt been around as long as the Ultimo course (though exactly the same thing) it's less prestigious in the industry
    - In general there is less "prestige" graduating from St George even though its just a perception
    - The head teacher of Ultimo is said to be erratic and that filters down through the teachers and means things are apparently not as structured at Ultimo
    - I've met the head teacher of St George and she seems lovely, I havent heard bad things about her
    - Im afraid I wont be able to compete with the kind of people accepted into Ultimo
    - Apparently the exhibition nights for both colleges are on the same night and anyone that matters goes to Ultimo....

...help....

The private colleges are out of the question since its just a farce to get your money. Don't qualify for a uai and I dont think the uni course is worth it for what I want, the uni course is too theoretical and academic.

Contrary to popular belief, Akira went to East Sydney, both Whitehouse and KvB claim he went to their colleges. Bizarre.

If you had to go to a private College, Whitehouse would be one of your better options. After that -

Ultimo-St George
    UTS
    Melbourne
    Whitehouse
    KvB
    Fbi

avoid all else
    30 Seconds To Mars - New album 'A Beautiful Lie' out now.

HSC

sorry if this is a stupid question.. i only realised i would be interested in doing a fashion course.
    how essential is it to study visual arts/design and technology/textiles and design to get into fashion design courses?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by chantelle 993
    i got accepted into whitehouse college where i will be doing a 4 year course in diploma of fashion and textiles aswell as B education in TD in conjunction with Southern Cross University
    im curious how do you apply for the whitehouse? and did u get a format for ur portfolio?

Quote Originally Posted by Fault

same that was me too

i had the best time at that course...

HSC

i have wanted to have a career in fashion since i was litttle, but now every one is saying its so cut throught and hard and blah, that im starting to drift away from it even though its been a dream forever... i dno , how bad is it reallly? i want to be an art director in a fashion mag now... =]

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by goona View Post
    hey, how many of u r thinkin of goin on n studyin fashion and textiles design at uni/tafe/college?
    p.s. we'v gotta get mo ppl on this forum!

The career in fashion designing is one of the best courses in today's world. It is one of the most rewarding careers as designs by well known designers. College or universities of art and design have one of the most redeeming sections in the education society, where an entrance is tough mode of study. The topmost fashion designer there must be hard work and efforts in your mind because creation does not happen easily. You want a degree in fashion or textile designing? My answer is, you can avail Fashion College Online which give you a certificate as well as add accreditation to your degrees.
    Last edited by samson smith; 30 Jul 2011 at 3:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information