HELP!! yr 11 experimental folio presentation (1 Viewer)

snice

HSC
Hey! For this textiles assignment i have to
1. complete a minimum of 5 samples that could be incorporated into my next prac project including decorative and functional techniques.
2. Analyse the fabric yarns and fibres used.
3. what are the end use applications of your techniques.

Anyway we have to say what the fibre composition, yarn structure, fabric structure and fabric properties are and im stuck!
one of my samples is a piece of sizoflor and i have no idea what to say for the above points. what the hell is sizoflor?! all i know is it looks pretty cool. it sorta looks like angelina fibres when theyve been melted together...you can use a hot air gun thing and it like melts it away and you can sew onto it....
how can i say what the yarn structure is when its not a yarn?! or is it?
HELP! this assignment is due on tuesday!
thanks heaps!

Kulazzi

HSC
well, if you find a microscope handy somewhere, view the sample underneath to see the actual diagram of the yarn structure, if it is one. If not, still view it under the miscroscope and draw a rough sketch of what it looks like.

go to images.google.com and type it in - to me it looks similar to a felt if I am not mistaken.

Please would be nice, next time you ask, and ask this question like, one whole week before the due date :rolleyes: :cool:

JJJP

HSC
hello;)I am a Portuguese student and also I am interested in the sizoflor. what it is for sizoflor you? which is the native country? where if it manufactures? I obtained to select that one is about a fiber of continuous filaments and with a diameter of 17micron. I am to wait for your aid;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)