O-Camp 09' Help! (1 Viewer)

revo

Premium Member
HSC
Hi guys, o-camp 09''s coming up, yet im not sure whether to go or not.... I wrote down a list of the reasons why and why not below:

Reasons to Go
* I LOVE CAMP!
* Make a huge saving with the Campus Rewards
* Won't be able to do this again, only chance

Reasons NOT to Go
[in order of concern]
* The camp finishes, a day before Uni lectures start.....
* Going to camp, I don't know anyone at all, want to meet new people, but they might not be doing Physio like me... I dont really want to get attached to someone, and then not see them as much
* After reading some posts in Boredofstudies, I'm 17 and I really do not want to get drunk
* Details of itinery of camp are really vague, no description of what's going to happen
* Not sure of average number of people who go to this camp every year...? And also, not sure of how many people out of physio that go to O-camp every year..?
* Just curious, for those who have gone O-camp, do a mixed culture of people go...?

Can any of u guys out there help convince me to go/not go??? =]

HSC
Haha wow, I had all those reasons not to go (except I'm 18, still am not going to get drunk though).
I don't know anyone at all (I'm doing physio) and also am kinda worried about how it finishes the day before uni starts.

But I'm definitely going, because it will be fun :) And also yeah, it's not going to happen again.

HSC
oh also, there are 140 people going...and i dont think they've actually done this camp for a few years.
and if there arnt many physios there, other people will still be good to meet :)

btw, are you doing a chem bridging course?

tabitha twinkle

HSC
Oh gosh I'm so relieved I'm not the only one with reservations about the camp...
I signed up before I properly thought about it. The 3 day party concept did not register until I realised that most people going were 18 or over. The words 'drinks included' suddenly took on a whole new meaning...:eek:
Despite the fact I am worried about the same things you are I would still say go because like you said you only get this chance once. You'll probably get to meet some great people (whether they do physio or not), have heaps of fun and it will mean you'll be going into uni surrounded by a few familiar faces.

HSC
So you're going on it? Yay I'm glad somebody else who wont be gettting drunk is going haha.
What course are you doing?

revo

Premium Member
HSC
hi guys, noo im not doing the chem bridging... did chem for yr12 xD

yeh im really tempted to go.... just hope the first day of uni wont swarm us with work =[ do physio ppl hav classes with other ppl doin health science courses @ uni....? and yeh i guess havin a few familiar faces is better than none =]

I signed up before I properly thought about it. The 3 day party concept did not register until I realised that most people going were 18 or over. The words 'drinks included' suddenly took on a whole new meaning...:eek:
<--- LOL!

mandathepanda

HSC
yes ,I think occupational therapy and physio 1st years do health,behaviour and society together this semester (I'm doing ot:D) and i reckon there'd be other subjects you'd share with other courses too

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
u do biomechanics with exss students. from what ive heard its a great small student community.

tabitha twinkle

HSC
hey guys
yes I'll be going on o-camp, yay for sober people! :D
Btw I'm doing the nutrition and exercise and sport science double degree which means I'll probably do biomechanics with some physio students.

I can't say for certain but I have this uncomfortable feeling the uni will give us a nice big pile of work on the first day to-you know- welcome us, inspire us, share the love and all

revo

Premium Member
HSC
Haha cool, looks like u guys got me convinced, ty! =D

nooo i hope the work load for first week is gud, and they just do the introductory stuff heheh

HSC
hey guys
yes I'll be going on o-camp, yay for sober people! :D
Btw I'm doing the nutrition and exercise and sport science double degree which means I'll probably do biomechanics with some physio students.

I'll look out for you then :)

Hopefully it will be very basic stuff first week...and hopefully Monday we start late or something.

revo

Premium Member
HSC
Haha, amen :)

Got a question, I paid for the stuff today, and I only got the receipt for camp, the lady @ the depot told me to wait till orientation to get further details, is that the same for u guys?

Thanks!

HSC
I filled out the form thinggo and then got an email from someone a while after...just an email with what we're meant to bring and all that.
What's your name btw?

tabitha twinkle

HSC
Hey revo glad we convinced you to come along I'll keep an eye out for you...

Originally Posted by gen.shottaffeta
I'll look out for you then :)

Hopefully it will be very basic stuff first week...and hopefully Monday we start late or something.
Yeah I'll definitely look out for you too and I too hope very much so that the workload isn't too scary in the first week. A late Monday on the first day sounds very nice indeed *sighs looking dreamy eyed*... if only, if only.

In regards to o-camp info I haven't actually received anything yet (though that might be because I haven't actually paid yet only signed up for it) either way I certainly hope there will be some form of information about the camp at orientation because I'm a little in the dark at the moment... :uhoh:

HSC
I can forward you on the email if you like?
Message me your email address if you want me to

HSC
agh dammit, on monday and tuesday i start at 8am. there goes my hope for a late start haha.

revo

Premium Member
HSC
Oh sorry guys, havent been on for awhile heh... >.<"

=O i got an email too, but just about 'welcome to Campus Rewards'... nothing about camp... =? just this in the email:
INVOICE DETAILS

O Camp registration: $99.00
Campus REWARDS 1 year membership: $189.00
Total: $288.00
GST amount included: $26.18

oh gen? how do u kno ur timetable stuff already....?

thanks!

revo

Premium Member
HSC
oh lol i didnt realise timetables were out today haha... and yeh damn! monday and tues start @ 8 =[

tabitha twinkle

HSC
wow I'm glad I checked this thread I didn't realise timetables were out either. I've checked for timetables like nearly every other day lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)