The CON! (1 Viewer)

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
hey im mainly writing to the mods of the syd uni section....... how come there are like faculty of arts, law and etc but there isnt one for the conservatorium?? hrmm just curious to know why... will it be happening soon?

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
YEH!! WHY NOT!!!! CONSERVATORIUM IS A WHOLE CAMPUS!!! YOU HAVE SUB-FORUMS FOR INCY LITTLE FACULTIES BUT NOT A WHOLE CAMPUS!! AHHHH!!

please make one now :) because the mean music mod keeps locking out threads and we dont have a home :( *sobs*

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
As you can see, there are also no subforums for the Rozelle Campus, for Orange/Dubbo or Cumberland.

So I'm just guessing - but the official line will probably something about there not being enough students on the forum at the Conservatorium to warrant a seperate subforum. An Official Thread is fine though - you all can talk about Con things in here to your hearts content :)

EDIT: har har Tim - I'm not mean!

Last edited:

eshi

shy
HSC
I always thout that the Con was under the private colleges section, which I thought was a bit odd...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Orange is no longer a campus of the University of Sydney. Camperdown IS the main campus. The Sydney College of the Arts students are still posting in their own Visual Arts forum.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
i think there are heapz of people that go to the con who are BoSers so i thinkl its worth having one up now :) hehe

Generator

HSC
N/A
Given that they appear unwilling to even consider the idea of a cumberland forum (even now when the student numbers make such an idea worthwhile)... Ask, but I wouldn't expect much.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
ok, the con was not incl because of an oversight on my part when i asked LAZ to create these subforums. same story for cumberland. i haven't heard about any mods being unwilling to consider a cumbo or con sub-forum. i dun think the issue has been raised until now. best course of action might be to ask Ultimate to request additional sub-forums (since i no longer mod the usyd forum), but i'll ask Laz personally anyway. if he has time, i'm sure he'll be happy to do it.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
ooooh thanks soo much...!!! just shows that 'pigs CAN really fly' lol

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hahah ok i didn't reali get that last one, but i'll assume its a compliment ;)

Generator

HSC
N/A
The issue has been raised before (I myself mentioned it to ultimate in a recent pm and also in the 'new layout' thread), but I guess that nobody has really bothered to campaign for it and follow it through with the relevant mods and an admin or two. My mistake.

Edit: Sorry, the cumberland issue... Given that few sca, con or other students bothered to post in the past nobody has really asked for such a forum before today.

Last edited:

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
no worries.. its just that the musos had nowhere to post our thoughts n stuff coz the mod in the music section wont let us post there anymore LOL!! she said its only for hsc students.. so we're like stranded in the middle of nowhere.. and i found its kinda hard to search thru all the syd uni threads coz there r so many.. just wanted to see a music sub forum happen thats all.. thanks heapz tho

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Don't ask me because i stood down from my mod status yesterday, ask laz if u want a separate sub-forum.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
oh srs u stepped down ultimate?
so there's no mod for usyd forum now?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
pigs_can_fly said:
oh srs u stepped down ultimate?
so there's no mod for usyd forum now?

yep, there's no mod atm, i think its time for someone else to take over the mod responsibilities.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
As of 2005, the Conservatorium now includes what was the Department of Music in the Faculty of Arts - the Seymour Centre is now part of the Conservatorium, and therefore there is a much larger number of students who are now technically Conservatorium students.

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Its in the works guys, in the works. Things just take time around here....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)