Usyd/unsw? (1 Viewer)

HSC
The UAI cut-off for B a/ed went up this year, and I only managed to get into the BA.

Now im wondering, do I attend USYD, do the BA and try to get into education... how do I even do it.. and should I.. When i made the cut-off for UNSW b a/ed?

I heard the Arts faculty at UNSW is not at the Sydney standard, but I really have no intention of just graduating a BA.

Advice anybody?

el gwapo

HSC
Arts students can do EDUF courses... normally those who do use it just as a filler.

You could always do the 3 BA years then an Education masters. That's the other alternative.

So did it really go up? Up to how much? It was going down consistently until this year.

HSC
um maybe you can do the arts at usyd and then finish off with a dip. ed

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Do what el gwapo suggested. You'll be taking the same first year subjects as all other education students anyway and then can try to transfer after the 1st year. Plus, do you really want to go to UNSW? I mean aside from the extra travel (which is a hassle honestly), isn't USyd's Arts facaulty ranked 17th internationally? Okay, so that's not really much to boast about but we definitely beat UNSW. The only universities better than USyd is ANU and University of Melbourne.

Last edited:

el gwapo

HSC
one of the best Arts universities in the Southern Hemisphere, and one of the best at Education too. Kinda makes me wonder why the UAI went on a downslide for a few years until this year.

HSC
i actually prefered the arts subjects offered at UNSW :|
usyd needs to offer criminology!!

however im tossing up between bachelor of social work at either UNSW or USYD :/

el gwapo

HSC
if you want to do criminology then you should consider a career that isn't in education. i don't see how the two are relevant to each other.

but yeah universities will offer novelty subjects to market themselves

DannyBackwards

and the big blue house will be waiting for you to
HSC
The UAI cut-off for B a/ed went up this year, and I only managed to get into the BA.

Now im wondering, do I attend USYD, do the BA and try to get into education... how do I even do it.. and should I.. When i made the cut-off for UNSW b a/ed?

I heard the Arts faculty at UNSW is not at the Sydney standard, but I really have no intention of just graduating a BA.

Advice anybody?
i did make the cut off for BA/Bed but i still got a place, i suggest if its ur first uac preference that u keep it as ur first, and then just put BA ass ur second. BUt yeh do it at usyd... we are way hip! lol =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)