What happens if you dont attend workshop. (1 Viewer)

radio-waves

HSC
First year students have this workshop with 3rd yr or 4th yr education students. I was wondering what happens if you dont attend it, what is it all about. Are we missing out on anything ?

Thanks for your time.

Also if you dont mind answering this, wtf is EDUF1018 about, it seems like its all common sense ?

Does anyone see it the same way as I do ???

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Hey! I take one of those classes. It's compulsory, you have to go. (Unless you're a mature age student, but even then, go!)

And EDUF1018 is just building your foundations. I know it's common sense but you need to know it, even if you already think you do.

Last edited:

d3l35cu3l4

HSC
Chances are, your mentor won't get you into trouble. But you miss out on awesome mentor time! That's punishment enough.

Also if you dont mind answering this, wtf is EDUF1018 about, it seems like its all common sense ?

Does anyone see it the same way as I do ???
It take's a bit of getting used to, but EDUF1018 is about getting you used to the culture of the Faculty and the culture of teaching. It's quite different to what most people are used to, especially people coming into it from disciplines like science. You might not find it interesting or relevant now, but in two or three years time it'll all come together for you, I promise.

Particularly about 'reflection' - not just on what you do and how to improve yourself, but also what reasons, assumptions and influenes underpin your actions. Everyone does it innately, one way or another - like you said, it's commonsense. But it's not useful unless it's explicit and thoughtful. When you get into third-year and above, especially around prac time, it takes on a whole new level of importance.

It's all about giving you skills to become better independent thinkers and learners and help you to improve your own practice as a student teachers and then as a fully fledged teacher. Yeah it's a whole lot of waffle, but like I said, it will all come together. Even if it takes five years to come to this realisation (like it does for some), it's worth the time and effort.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)