College of the Arts & COFA (1 Viewer)

phrred

HSC
Just wondering, how good is Usyds College of the Arts in comparison to UNSWs CofA?

Never hear about College of the Arts but CofA seems to pop up a fair bit when fine art is involved

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I'm not entirely sure, but I've never heard of a USYD college of the Arts. I guess they must have some kind of fine arts faculty, though I've never come across them.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
COFA is better if you're planning on doing anything in practical art. USYD if you're going for an Arts/Humanities degree.

phrred

HSC
Usyd College of the Arts in Rozelle i was talking about

HSC
N/A
Just to clear this up for you.... it's actually called 'Sydney College of the Arts':)

Aka. SCA.

s1mplykat

HSC
..well from what i have heard:

SCA require a portfolio and an interview prior to getting in the course.. on the contrary COFA doesn’t require either portfolio or interview.

also the uai cut off for SAC is higher then COFA( the uai cut off for cofa is around 75-85.. but it varies on weather or not your interested in doing a degree in fine arts or a degree in art theory/social science and so forth.....).

COFA is quite popular i think. i’ve got a few friends that are students there, its more experimental and they've got a lot for people who want to be in multimedia and the digital

college of fine arts
(COFA is the only art and design school in Australia to offer the broadest range of subjects that include the traditional areas of painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking and ceramics through to cutting edge courses in Time-based art and digital media.)

mishyma

HSC
Does anyone know which has the higher emphasis on Illustration?

COFA or SCA?

And also .. anyone that has endured a panel interview by SCA please pm me!!!

cheers

hellomike

HSC
It's quite strange and well, dissapointing how COFA is Sydney's "pretigious" college when it doesn't really offer Design at all. They say they offer a wide range but it's all under Fine Arts.

Kezalicious

HSC
there is a bachelor of design offered at COFA...
so I don't know what you're on about.

I got/accepted the offer for Sydney College of Arts. There has been a great debate about the 2 schools generally I think both are good. SCA tends to be more selective than COFA. the UAI cut off doesn't determine how hard the course is, it's popularity.

the panel interview...was interesting. Nah it was good they're nice people, nothing to worry about.

Beege

HSC
I really want to get into COFA's digital media course, gotta make sure I do well this year then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)