Bachelor of Arts... (1 Viewer)

toisthbe

Evil Member
is it true that if u hav distinction average in the this course in the 1st year.. u can transfer to another course..say bachelor of business?

if not..wat is it?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
dude, what is exactly what you wanna do?

rofl, your changing your mind all the time

propery economics, then civil, then arts or business rofl

toisthbe

Evil Member
his my story...

i really wanted to do business....
but i'm doin shit at school, so i know i wont get the UAI required to b business at UTS...

then property was me second goal, cos i loved it when i was small....also i kinda like goin around sydney...

but i reliased the uai for that will be pretty high too..... SO

i asked my friends...and 1 said civil engineer is good, and the UAI is low.....so i researched that.....

but today..anoter friend told me...to the bachelor of arts, cos somthing about distinction average can get me to... B Businesss...hehehe....

so.. som1 answer my question!

Last edited:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
OBVIOUSLY the answer is "YES"

Dude, if you wanna do business, just focus on that, did you know, you can enter UTS when your an mature age student like 20?

for 2 years why not work, so you gain valuable experience in the business area, and earn enough $$ to pay off HECS in advance, so you wont have debt after Uni and IF there any $$ left invest it into managed funds

thats the best idea i've heard from a friend of mine, others suggesting what YOU should do is NONSENSE it is your life, do what you love, dont give up

toisthbe

Evil Member
man, i'm not gonna NOT go to uni..next year..

oh you said yes? so cool, distinction average at b arts will get me into b business..woho

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Not so fast!

A distinction average in any course simply indicates that you are reliable and prepared to work in a University environment. This is what they use to determine whether you are suitable to enter a course (and hence take the workload). Despite this, each transfer application is considered independently, and your UAI is still taken into account. That said, you should wait for your actual UAI, then pick something that you can both get in to and ENJOY. Because if you enjoy the course, you will more likely do well, and hence have a better chance at winning a transfer. As they are so competitive you must realise that most students who apply to transfer are denied, leaving them stuck in a degree they may not want to complete.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Also, a BA isn't as easy as most people make it out to be.

yes korean i have a mate that was thinking the same as you to work for 2 years gain experience and then apply to university as a mature age students but the problem is he worked for a year and then said fuck i cant imagine ny self studying anymore so he isnt going to study no more and another thing is ur ability to stay in the workforce competitevely meaning that to impress managers ur going to have to excel at work coz managers write your reference letters that uac takes into consideration

yea to answer the first question yes it is true that you can transfer to another course with a distinction average at some institutions but getting a distinction average is the equivalent of getting a uai of high 80's so its going to be alot of work

Generator

HSC
N/A
High 80s? Some people who get uais of around 97 can barely keep a credit average...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
High 80s? Some people who get uais of around 97 can barely keep a credit average...
That is VERY true

i also know people who got a uai in the 90's who are just barely passing, BECAUSE it simply takes time to fit into a Uni environment, now they seem to fit well

BUT if your entering a course you don't really like HAHA, thats even HARDER

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by toisthbe
ok...another question..
is i get distinction average at parramatta campus doin b business
can i transfer to UTS b business?
Well again, this would depend on your UAI
because UAC take into account ur UAI and ur 1st yr tertiary results for transfers. So if you were reasonably close to the UTS cutoff, u'd prolly make it in with a D average no worries

toisthbe

Evil Member
when u say 'UAC' considers both..UAI & 1st year results,
are these considered by computers... or reall ppl...

if they're considered by real ppl, cant u like approach them and plee for life that u want to transfer..

and say that u've changed, n this is reflected through ur disctinction average?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by toisthbe
when u say 'UAC' considers both..UAI & 1st year results,
are these considered by computers... or reall ppl...

if they're considered by real ppl, cant u like approach them and plee for life that u want to transfer..

and say that u've changed, n this is reflected through ur disctinction average?
ROFL
I think its done by computers - Non-Yr12 applicants go thru the same demand and supply routine - ie if your Entrance mark(combination of UAI and 1st yr uni marks) falls below a cutoff, u cant make it in, no matter how much u plea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)