B Arts LIST A, LIST B, LIST C (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
You can major in Psychology by picking it as a major as well as 3 others from the whole list. I think as a first year, you have to do four of them, 3 in 2nd year, and 2 in your 3rd.

Just keep picking Psych each year, and then by the end, you would've majored in Psych!

Courses you'd be doing first year for Psych would be:

PSYC1001 Psychology 1A (6 UOC) (1st Semmester)
PSYC1011 Psychology 1B (6 UOC) (2nd Semmester)

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2007/PSYCA13400.html

Last edited:

joe_rulez37

HSC
Um i can't pick psych! I can only pick out of these:
Australian Studies:
AUST1003 Paradise Lost?
Chinese Studies:
CHIN1006 Introductory Chinese 1
Development Studies:
COMD1001 Emergence of Underdevelopment
Education:
EDST1101 Educational Psychology 1
English:
ENGL1006 Imagining the City
ENGL1001 Ways of Writing
European Studies:
EURO1000 The New Europe A
Film & Theatre:
MEFT1301 Intro to Theatre & Performance
MEFT1200 Introduction to Film
French:
FREN1101 French 1A
German Studies:
GERS1400 Introductory German 1
Greek (Modern):
GREK1301 Introductory Modern Greek 1A
History:
HIST1003 The Fatal Shore
HIST1010 Southeast Asia
HIST1011 Emergence of Modern Europe (A)
HIST1016 World History: The Big Picture
HIST1020 "Women, Gender & World History"
HIST1030 Jews in the Modern World
History and Philosophy of Science:
HPSC1100 Cosmos and Culture
HPSC1400 Science Tech Society & Environ
Indonesian Studies:
INDO1001 Introductory Indonesian 1
Japanese Studies:
JAPN1000 Japanese Communication 1A
Korean Studies:
KORE1000 Korean Communication 1A
Linguistics:
LING1000 The Structure of Language
Music & Music Education:
MUSC1001 Music Fundamentals
MUSC1101 Music Reinvented
Philosophy:
PHIL1008 Ethics and Society
PHIL1014 (not offered )
Political Economy:
PECO1000 Intro to Political Economy
Policy Studies:
SLSP1000 Social Science & Policy
Politics & International Relations:
POLS1002 Intro to Australian Politics
POLS1017 Int'l Rel in the 20th Century
POLS1013 (not offered )
Sociology and Anthropology:
SOCA1004 Relationships
SOCA1006 Introduction to Globalisation
Spanish & Latin American Studies:
SPAN1001 Introductory Spanish 1A
Women's and Gender Studies:
WOMS1003 "Women, Gender & World History"

karoooh

HSC
Are you looking at the first year planner or something?

Try to go back to the page that you clicked on to get to the 1st Year Planner, and click on one of the othe rfour buttons. I can't remember what each button says, so fill me in. Cos I seem to be able to add Psych to mine ATM, and I'm pretty sure you can too.

EDIT: Click "NEXT STEP" Cos that should take you to where you plan your timetable.

Bob.

HSC
that list you posted above looks like the list a for arts, you have to major in at least one of those subjects to get an arts degree. look through list b or c to find the psychology units.

joe_rulez37

HSC
Yeah I was in first year planner.

Do You mean these buttons?

Online Handbook
First Year Planner
Faculty Website
Cola
Next Step

karoooh

HSC
They're not all List A though. PEC is a List B Major.

karoooh

HSC
joe_rulez37 said:
Yeah I was in first year planner.

Do You mean these buttons?

Online Handbook
First Year Planner
Faculty Website
Cola
Next Step
Yea, click "Next Step". Where does that take you?

EDIT: Actually, are you looking at your checklist? If not, it's on the side. Click "ENROLMENT BASKET"

Last edited:

joe_rulez37

HSC
It takes me to...

myUNSW Enrolment
Online enrolment opens for all commencing Postgraduate students from Monday 11 December 2007
Online enrolment opens for all commencing Undergraduate students from Thursday 18 January 2007
See Enrolment Dates.

Once you feel confident about the courses that you would like to enrol in, click the 'myUNSW Enrolment Basket' button shown below to enrol for the coming session/s. This involves:
  1. Adding the courses you wish to study
  2. Selecting classes for these courses
  3. Submitting your enrolment request for validation
  4. Making any amendments required
  5. Viewing and printing your class timetable
The myUNSW Enrolment Basket opens in a new browser window. Don't forget to close that window and return to this page to LOG OFF when you have finished enrolling.

If you would like to return to the Enrolment Advising Tools click on the menu item on the left "Enrolment Tools"
And then I can click on.. myUNSW Enrolment Basket or Next Step

karoooh

HSC
Ok, click on myUNSW Enrolment Basket, and then click on the first blue button. I don't know if mine's still labelled the same, but it reads, "Update Enrolment"

joe_rulez37

HSC
Yep Clicked on that, then clicked on add courses... and now I get this!

You may search for courses in multiple ways. First-year students will be prompted to search for courses by their program and plan. The "Program and Plan Search" is a simple method to search for core courses and common electives associated with your program and selected plan. This search will only display courses that you are eligible to enrol in. This data may not be available for all programs and plans.

Commencing undergraduate students are encouraged to view information about their program and recommended courses on the : Sitar course advice website

To complete an advanced search for courses, click the Search by Catalogue link on this screen.
Career Undergraduate
Program 3525 - Commerce/Arts
Plan Undeclared
Term Semester 1 2007
Campus KENS - Kensington Campus Search by Program and Plan for Semester 1 2007 Program: 3525 Commerce/Arts
Stage: Stage 1
Plan: Accounting Actuarial Studies Australian Studies Chinese Studies Advanced Chinese Studies Development Studies Computing Economic History Business Economics Business Statistics Bus Strategy & Economic Mgmt Financial Economics Education English European Studies Finance French German Studies Modern Greek Studies History Hist & Philosophy of Science Environmental Studies International Business Indonesian Studies Information Systems Industrial Relations Human Resource Management Irish Studies Japanese Studies Advanced Japanese Studies Korean Studies Taxation Linguistics Marketing Mathematics Media, Culture and Technology Film Theatre & Performance Studies Management Music Not Applicable Political Economy Philosophy Pols & International Relations Psychology Russian Studies Art History and Theory Policy Studies Sociology Spanish/Latin American Studies Undeclared Women's & Gender Studies

karoooh

HSC
LOL

What buttons have they given you to click? If you know which courses you want to do, it should be fine and straight forward. I don't know if I can help with much now, cos I've already done my timetable, so I can't really remember what happened after I clicked add courses. All I remember is that it was pretty easy.

Last edited:

Lavenderpup

HSC
o_O Well.. in one of the drop downboxes IS psychology xD select that and then pick a class

joe_rulez37

HSC
Lavenderpup said:
o_O Well.. in one of the drop downboxes IS psychology xD select that and then pick a class
Yep that's what I did.. and then I got this

ACCT1501 Accounting and Financial Management 1A Kensington Campus Session One ACCT1511 Accounting and Financial Management 1B Kensington Campus Session One CHIN1006 Introductory Chinese 1 (Complete Beginners) Kensington Campus Session One ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 Kensington Campus Session One ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 Kensington Campus Session One ECON1202 Quantitative Methods A Kensington Campus Session One ECON1203 Quantitative Methods B Kensington Campus Session One EDST1101 Educational Psychology 1 Kensington Campus Session One ENGL1006 Imagining the City Kensington Campus Session One GERS1400 Introductory German 1 Kensington Campus Session One HIST1003 The Fatal Shore: Aborigines, Immigrants and Convict Society Kensington Campus Session One HIST1010 Introducing Southeast Asia Kensington Campus Session One HIST1011 The Emergence of Modern Europe (A) Kensington Campus Session One HIST1020 Women, Gender & World History Kensington Campus Session One HIST1030 Jews in the Modern World Kensington Campus Session One HPSC1100 Cosmos and Culture Kensington Campus Session One HPSC1400 Science, Technology, Society and Environment Kensington Campus Session One INDO1001 Introductory Indonesian 1 Kensington Campus Session One JAPN1000 Japanese Communication 1A Kensington Campus Session One KORE1000 Korean Communication 1A Kensington Campus Session One LING1000 The Structure of Language Kensington Campus Session One MUSC1001 Music Fundamentals Kensington Campus Session One MUSC1101 Music Reinvented Kensington Campus Session One PHIL1008 Ethics and Society Kensington Campus Session One POLS1002 Introduction to Australian Politics Kensington Campus Session One POLS1017 International Relations in the 20th Century Kensington Campus Session One SLSP1000 Social Science and Policy Kensington Campus Session One SOCA1004 Relationships: Sociology and Everyday Life Kensington Campus Session One SOCA1006 Introduction to Globalisation Kensington Campus Session One SPAN1001 Introductory Spanish 1A
Maybe my eyes are going crazy, but I can't find the psych courses!

Lavenderpup

HSC
There isn't on that default list, just as there wasn't media, culture and technology on the list :/ Did you click on the search by catalogue link? It has many more drop downs and from there you can access psychology (but that includes psychology from other years too!)

Don't know if enrolling in those ones will actually be allowed since... its not in the commerce/arts list of majors :/ but then, you can pick any 6 level-1 courses though.

joe_rulez37

HSC
Done that a few times now... nothing works :(

NooOooOOOOOOo! Bah, I guess I'll have to phone UNSW up tomorrow....

Oh well, Thanks anyway guys!

joe_rulez37

HSC
Mmm maybe this has something to do with it? On the Comm/Arts handbook, it says...

2. Each student must complete a major sequence (42 units of credit) in one of the following areas within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences:
  • Australian Studies
  • Chinese Studies
  • Development Studies
  • Education
  • English
  • Environment Studies
  • European Studies
  • Film and Theatre
  • French
  • German Studies
  • Greek (Modern)
  • History
  • History and Philosophy of Science
  • Indonesian Studies
  • Japanese Studies
  • Korean Studies
  • Linguistics
  • Music
  • Political Economy
  • Philosophy
  • Policy Studies
  • Politics and International Relations
  • Russian Studies
  • Sociology and Anthropology
  • Spanish and Latin American Studies
  • Women's and Gender Studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)