Arts&Science at Usyd, or BLang@UNE (1 Viewer)

HSC
Which is better?

B Lang& Int Business at UNE
or
B Arts and Sciences at Usyd

I just got usyd in the late round, and I really want to go there but I'm not sure if its the most sensible thing to do. I've heard Usyd has a great Languages progeam which is what I'm most interested in.
I also need to defer, which I've already done (as in already sent defferment letter) with UNE- can I defer offers got in the late round, and then withdraw from UNE altogether?

So, any older and wiser heads able to tell me what to do?

BlackDragon

HSC
Well alot of it would depend on which type of degree you prefer because those two degrees contrast greatly. So you need to think about that.
Not sure about Syd, but the language facilities and staff at une are excellent - smaller classes and the teaching is extremely good. but yeah, my real tip would be to just think about which path each degree and university will take you..

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
If you want to do a degree in languages, don't do arts and sciences at USyd. If you really wanted to do languages at USyd, then Arts(Languages) is what you would've been after. Otherwise along with your language major, you will be doing 24units of junior science, 12cp of economics, and 12cp of sociolegal studies.

I can't remember if they let you do all one field of 2nd and 3rd year subjects, but you may also have to do some intermediate/senior science, as well as enough arts to fill up the rest of your degree.

Unlike the languages degree which doesn't make you waste time on crap you don't need.

The B.AS is what you do when you're not sure yet what you want to do - and when you decide, you transfer out.

HSC
yulia said:
The B.AS is what you do when you're not sure yet what you want to do - and when you decide, you transfer out.
that's the plan. Is it impossibly difficult to transfer out of B AS and into B Lang, and would that be at the end of first year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)