graphic design (1 Viewer)

knowdreams

HSC
please dont think im an idiot when i ask this, i haven't been to see the career advisor yet and i really need to know now.
i want to do graphic design at either uc, anu, or uow. however two of the three say a portfolio are need to be accepted. thing is i dont know what the portfolio consists of. i havent done any subjects like are art or design and tech. could someone please explain what the portfolio is and what is in it?
ta

HSC
fairly sure you need a portfolio for uow, my sister is doing graphic design with marketing for that.

for your portfolio, have you done any sorts of artwork at all? maybe helping design your yearbook, school magazine/newsletter or something? anything you have done that is relevant that you can impress the people im sure will suffice. if you don't have much, just paint some impressive artwork or do some stuff on computer or design some cool looking website or something?

noftus

HSC
N/A
unlike say wanting to be a dentist, with wanting to be a designer you can actually do something about it.

if you want to be a designer, in your free time it's highly likely you mucked around with designing things. these high quality examples of mucking around things, should be put in your folio.

it shows initiative, and shows that you are serious about the position, and not just choosing on a whim.

poppop

HSC
N/A
UTS and UNSW is UAI based...
B Design Visual Communication @ UTS and B Design @ UNSW.
Although their UAIs are pretty high.. Usually in the 90s for UTS and 85~90 for UNSW Design.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)