Which uni for a degree in Music (Composition)? (1 Viewer)

The Thespian

Old lurker.
HSC
Hi guys,
I'm just weighing up some options for next year so I know what I definitely want to apply for when the time comes.

I've been looking at the Sydney Con, Melbourne Uni and the Elder Con in Adelaide and was just wondering if anyone had any previous experiences with the uni's and could shed some light on which would be better?
I'd rather get some opinions from people that have been rather than basing it off of what very little I know about each one, so if anyone could help that would be absolutely lovely. :)

eyeSharingan

HSC
ACU is highly regarded for it's Film Composition.

From people who have attended The Sydney Con/AIM (all one branch) they are very performance weighted. Personally, I love Melb. because they offer a fantastic Music Therapy course, but I'm really not sure what Melb. and RADelaide are like for composition.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
JMC and AIM seem pretty good as well from what I've heard. I've got friends at both who seem to be enjoying it.

madharris

HSC
N/A
My friend does composition at the Sydney con and he loves it there. He says its a good community and he really enjoys the course he does.

Can't say anything about the other two unis your thinking about

koreafantasy

HSC
JMC and UTS (B of sound and music design) is more for techno/EDM lovers who dream of playing at defqon, sydney con is for the conservative classical/orchestral lover, AIM is for the commercial/musical theatre lover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)