What's would you prefer to enter a course: getting the ATAR or other requirements? (1 Viewer)

Memento-mori

HSC
i.e to do Journalism in Charles Sturt it's ATAR + Admission Essay
Visual Arts @ Usyd.... creative portfolio
AFTRS diplomas/ masters.... portfolios.
Music... audition (pretty much everywhere I've looked asked for one)
Billy Blue, etc all ask for portfolios, etc.
Notre Dame... interview, academic record, co-cirrcular

My question is do you think it's better if a course asks for ATAR only (and you apply through UAC as per usual) or fulfill the additional criteria, interviews, etc?

I used to give the ATAR alot of hate but I realised that what I'm attracted to in university (philosphy, film media, german, etc) that I would struggle explain what my interests are, and that my subject selection for yr 11 & 12 does not really reflect what I want to study. But then again, the above places can be so attractive to those who are doing really badly in one subject or don't think they'll get that band 6 in Standard English. Sorry if my question isn't that clear, I'm really just looking for thoughts on places with additional criteria, and any experience you've had with those places.

koreafantasy

HSC
Re: What's would you prefer to enter a course: getting the ATAR or other requirements

tbh, the interview should be the most important deciding factor. it measures your passion and whether you really want to dedicate your life to this career. the atar as a sole method of deciding whether a person should get a chance at doing a particular course is complete bullshit and needs to be revolutionised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)