Failing an arts exam? (1 Viewer)

harleyd93

HSC
Hey. Out of interest, what does it take to fail an essay-based exam for an arts subject (i.e. for history, government, anthropology)? Is it enough to simply attend the exam and write a page or two which indicates you have some, albeit basic/limited, knowledge of course content, to receive a pass mark of 50?

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Why dafaq would you purposely just want to scrape a pass, when you could possibly achieve so much more?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Generally you need to have an argument, and some evidence to support it. For even a two hour exam, 1-2 pages wouldn't be enough to cut it IMO.

harleyd93

HSC
Wasn't intending a post about purposely aiming to scrape a pass. I believe an individual should always aim to achieve the best they can :) just wondering what the requirements/standards would be for a pass.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Wasn't intending a post about purposely aiming to scrape a pass. I believe an individual should always aim to achieve the best they can :) just wondering what the requirements/standards would be for a pass.
Fair enough then.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Maybe have a look at the syllabus or course outline where they specify what the requirements for achieving a pass/credit/distinction/high distinction are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)