Is bachelor of arts and science good? (1 Viewer)

Hi5

HSC
wanna work in the un or an embassy thats why im confused about what degree i should undertake:(
Im thinking between these course:
1)bachelor of international development studies (ACU, Strathfield)
2) bachelor of liberal Arts and science (Syd uni)
3) bachelor of science ad arts (UWS)

Pleaaaassse help me i have received my atar and i must change my preferences before the main round offers.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
wanna work in the un or an embassy thats why im confused about what degree i should undertake:(

Pleaaaassse help me i have received my atar and i must change my preferences before the main round offers.
If you want a career in the field of international relations, the optimal course choice is the Bachelor of International Studies or Bachelor of Arts and by majoring in International relations.

Hi5

HSC
No i want a career in the UN mainly in the human rights departments, or even at an embassy, i like working in organisations like world vision, i also speak full arabic so that might help me.. But im not sure about the degree im confused about the three i listed above.. I mostly like the international development studies. Thanks for ur reply.

Hi5

HSC
By the way i cant study international studies because i cant travel outside australia by myself due to some personal issues

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No i want a career in the UN mainly in the human rights departments, or even at an embassy, i like working in organisations like world vision, i also speak full arabic so that might help me.. But im not sure about the degree im confused about the three i listed above.. I mostly like the international development studies. Thanks for ur reply.
Generally employment in these areas require a minimum of postgraduate qualifications.

matsing

HSC
To be honest, even though its great to work with the UN or an embassy, it doesn't require much 'book smarts'. Hence it 100% does not matter what you do. However if you are interested in doing that, i guess you will end up taking the kind of subjects like international relations, politics etc. These subjects can be found in any of the degrees you have mentioned. However, lets be real, your option number 2 is far and away the best option you have put forth - because sydney uni is a million times better than the others. You will get a really broad and DEEP understanding of international events/ politics with liberal arts and science at sydney. Hope you listen to me.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
B Liberal Arts and Science is a degree that is very flexible. By this I mean that there are only two units that are considered to be 'core'/specific to this degree: ATHK1001 and WRIT1001. During second year and onwards you will be required to complete four liberal arts unit in which one will be 'ethics' related. Because you will be studying under the arts stream you are still required to study one science unit per semester which can be psychology or the history/philosophy of science etc.

The closest major listed to what you want to pursue is International Relations and HRM ~ however, I think a pure B Arts degree is worth the while so you are not set back having to study six science units. Good Luck and All the Best.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Like I said, the best field that matches your needs is the Bachelor of International Studies, there is a lot of majors within this degree also that focus on things like International Relations and development studies.

I did the Bachelor of International Studies in the beginning of this year and I can personally tell you that this degree is probably what you're looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)