Which Media and Communications Degree to Do For Work in USA? (1 Viewer)

EnglishMan

HSC
Hi everybody,

This is my first time posting here, so bear with me if I make any mistakes or whatnot.

Anyhow, I plan to become a journalist later in life in the US, and I was wondering which Australian course was optimal for this. I would study in the US, but the fact that I'll have to do four years of liberal arts and then move on to journalism as a post-grad degree feels a little too expensive.

I'm considering two main options:

1) Do Media and Communications/Law at the best place possible (currently looking at USYD but this could change), apply for some internships in the US and hopefully break through;

2) Do a global studies or economics type degree over here, then move to America and do post-grad journalism.

What I really need help with is deciding which Media and Communications course is optimal.

Just being realistic, I don't think that ATAR will be an issue, provided I work hard, so feel free to suggest anything.

Additionally, if I want to work in the US as a journalist, if there is anybody who can tell me whether it is worth getting a law degree over here, I'd appreciate it a lot. Will a potential employer see that I've done a law degree and think that it's largely irrelevant as the US and Australian law systems differ quite dramatically, or will he/she think the fact that I've done a law degree means that I'm hard working, smart etc.?

Thank you in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)