Visual Arts (1 Viewer)

Uggy

What have you heard about the different visual arts courses at the different uni's? i heard the college of fine arts is very conceptual based, rather than teaching you properly the technical aspects of painting, sculpting etc etc etc. i was just wondering where i should go, as the college of fine arts and the school or fine arts (whatever they are called) are MEGA expensive, like one of them is $61,000 for 3 years (the shortest visual arts/fine arts course you can do) i just wanted to know which uni would probably be the best for all round equality in technical, historical and conceptual, or more focused on technical. hmm that made no sense, but oh well....

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
...?

Isn't COFA part of HECS, so that means it's around 3000-4000 $ a year..? And not 61,000??

cos 61,000 is massive, even private university wouldn't charge that much me thinks..

and wot's 'school of fine arts'..? do you mean the sydney college of arts (i think that's what it's called) which is owned by USYD?

um. well. you can do fine arts at COFA and at the USYD one and also at smaller uni's like UWS and charles sturt and the gong and newcastle.

COFA would definitely be my first choice though cos it's got the most prestige, and the best environment for visual arts.. though the USYD one is apparently heaps hard to get into so that must be pretty good too.

i dunno much about the specifics though sorry. go to the uni sites.. or the open days that are on pretty soon i think.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmm.
the closest i came to studying fine arts was nearly doing b. digital media at COFA. from what i've heard, COFA has a better reputation than SCOA. the COFA campus is very nice, but i don't know much about their fine arts degrees. what i found very useful was to ring up someone working at COFA and ask if you could come in one day and have a look around. also, if you have any friends/relatives/friends relatives/whatever who are studying/have studiedied fine arts anywhere, talk to them about it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)