Advantages/Disadvantages of doing B Education. (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
Well, since I can access a number of people through this section of Bored of studies, I was wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages in your opinion of doing B Eduction at any uni.

i.e either sydney/unsw/uws/maqauire or uts....

what makes a person want to do education after 13 years.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Re: Advantages/Disadvantages of doing B Eduction.

Adv: people do it for the passion, not for the cash --> also longer breaks

Dis: shit pay, if your're greedy and want $ --> dont go anywhere near teaching

conics2008

HSC

I know for a fact that its 50K + as starting, how much monthly wage is everyone expecting.

erm

HSC

fuck why would you want to relive the HSC over and over again?

or maybe you take pleasure in seeing yr12 students stress..

lol :p

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

in doing a ba/bach teach at UNE hopefully

i love school and learning, all of it. so, thats pretty much why Im going down that avenue

erm

HSC

sonyaleeisapixi said:
i love school and learning, all of it. so, thats pretty much why Im going down that avenue
shit you're weird.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

erm said:
shit you're weird.
hahaha. thanks, i get that alot

"so, whatre your plans after the hsc?"
"india, travelling, 4 years of school and then another 50 years of school"
"..
O.O"

but, yea. I seriously love learning and knowledge and sharing knowledge and school and school environment and communities.

undalay

HSC

conics2008 said:
I'm sorry mother fucker, simple mistake at least answer the stupid question you cunt.

Go fuck your mum in the eye hole.
u crack me up conics ahaha.

Anyway teaching:
Adv: Fun?, Less hours, more holidays, don't get sacked even if u suck, good job security

Dis: Not fulfilling (to some), not challenging, low pay, not a lot of opportunities

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC

conics2008 said:
I'm sorry mother fucker, simple mistake at least answer the stupid question you cunt.

that made me lol so i'll actually answer the thread:

Pros: A ton of holidays, also the pay is also really* good for things like School Cert and HSC marking.
This might sound cliched but you you can really make a difference as a teacher so i'm guessing there's a lot of job satisfaction. There's also good room for career, you could become a principal etc.

Cons: They complain about pay alot so the work : pay ratio probably isn't that great, however remember that you will get big breaks. There are a lot of other degrees that will get you more money faster.

peace dude ;)

*edited for spelling. yes i know, ironic lol.

Last edited:

lawrence.h

HSC

Rageeb said:

Pros: A ton of holidays, also the pay is also raelly good for things like School Cert and HSC marking.
This might sound cliched but you you can really make a difference as a teacher so i'm guessing there's a lot of job satisfaction. There's also good room for career, you could become a principal etc.

Cons: They complain about pay alot so the work : pay ratio probably isn't that great, however remember that you will get big breaks. There are a lot of other degrees that will get you more money faster.

peace dude ;)
lol, now you feel bad don't you conics?
One pro nobody has mentioned I think is that it had very good job security. You can never be out of work because they aaaaaalways need teachers.

Yamiyo

HSC

Eduction doesn't have anything to do with abduction does it?

In addition to what everyone else said, it must be repetitive teaching the same things year after year... i guess this is more concerning if you're a maths or science teacher than an english or history(?) teacher.

undalay

HSC

lawrence.h said:
lol, now you feel bad don't you conics?
One pro nobody has mentioned I think is that it had very good job security. You can never be out of work because they aaaaaalways need teachers.
i mentioneed it ):

The Maz

HSC

have you been involved in coaching or something that involves teaching on a smaller scale?
i feel that's a good indicator on your teaching ability/interest and enthusiasm for it.

why do you want to do it?
if its cause you want an easy course and a guaranteed job, you probably won't have that much fun.

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC

conics2008 said:

Ahaha, conics. :p Oh you.

Who the fuck knows; perhaps there really are people who are drawn to the supposed appeal that is helping future generations, or something.

+Good job security.
+Half-decent union.
-Pay. Teachers are always bitching annually, I'm sure, about this issue.
-Status. In communities, especially Asian ones, you'll be seen as a fucking disgrace, molesting - I mean teaching, of course - these tiresome twats and other delightful dorks.
-Hours. Even if you do a shit job and fuck over your students, you'll still be working in a dead-end job for years; but, be thankful you even have the job due to the fact that the need for education will ever be there.
-Variety. Ohohoho, 'coz education is totally dynamic, with a fucking fixed syllabus (though only rewritten every so couple years), fucking fixed hours, fucking fixed job, fucking fixed everything - pardon the hyperbole). FUCK the REPETITION.
-You age, your students don't. Each year, you'll have a new batch of dweebs to teach shit about.

IMO, it boils down to passion for 'advantages'; which is, in truth more a necessity or a reason as to why you'd even consider the BEdu course, rather than an advantage.
Cons, as it seems to me, definitely outweigh the pros, (if any).

If it's not clear by now, I haven't really considered this to any great depth, and do not contemplate on ever teaching, ever.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Advantages- You might find mentoring kids interesting plus if you are interested in a particular subject such as maths you get to do it everyday, plus if you want to be a pedo you get to spend all day with kids ;)

Disadvantages- You have to do a few years at shit schools to gets points on that ponints scheme thingy to get to a good school. Plus the government scholarships also take you to shit schools to start off, like one its going to do to my friend

Last edited:

Cerry

HSC

Rageeb said:

Pros: A ton of holidays, also the pay is also really* good for things like School Cert and HSC marking.
Except if you're doing SC/HSC marking, then you're a high school teacher, and they lose a heap of their holidays and weekends for things like lesson plans, marking, and that sort of thing. Plus, lots of teachers run extra classes outside normal hours for their HSC students to make sure that they get through the syllabus and have time for revision. You don't get paid for any of that stuff. The only real plus side to the hours and holidays is that it means you'll be home for a lot of the time that any school aged children you have are home.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Advantages: Very rewarding if you are willing to make the effort; you can go almost anywhere in the world with teaching - so against popular opinion the opportunities in teaching are not as small as you might think; decent pay without being amazing - and its only going to increase in the coming years; there will always be a need for the teaching and learning industry - if you enjoy it you will never be without a job; decent breaks.

Disadvantages: Can be very exhausting.

Unlike PrettyOddProlix I do intend on teaching which is probably quite obvious in my response.

dvse

HSC
N/A

I think the best possible advice is that if you want to be a teacher, avoid B Education completely and do a proper undergrad degree (Maths, Physics, Biology etc) and then a DipEd. Believe me, you want to have as little to do as you can with the pure brain damage that are most university schools of education.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, the 1 year dip ed at most unis seems to be a dying breed.

However, dvse's major argument is correct - you want to waste as little time in (any) school of ed as possible.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
DipEds will be non-existant within a few years

so it'll be a choice between 4 years, doing education and a reduced amount of real subjects

or 3 years of real subjects and 2 years of education

the latter seems preferable because you have the option of doing something else using your real degree

for all the science i've done, i won't have a 'real' science degree at the end of 4 years (even though it's called BTeaching/BScience), seems a waste

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)