Average salary (1 Viewer)

DeeAndLife

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anybody know the average salary for a childcare worker? And also for a primary school teacher?

williamdaft

HSC
^ That's actually pretty decent. I have considered being a primary/high school teacher as I enjoyed teaching other people throughout my schooling life. Best thing I like about teachers are the holidays they get.. 12 weeks of holidays > 20 days annual leave lol

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
^ That's actually pretty decent. I have considered being a primary/high school teacher as I enjoyed teaching other people throughout my schooling life. Best thing I like about teachers are the holidays they get.. 12 weeks of holidays > 20 days annual leave lol

I have been a teacher for over 30 years and I have never been able to take '12 weeks holidays'. I have had to spend a lot of that time marking the work from the previous term or preparing for the upcoming one or both.

williamdaft

HSC
I have been a teacher for over 30 years and I have never been able to take '12 weeks holidays'. I have had to spend a lot of that time marking the work from the previous term or preparing for the upcoming one or both.
Ah okay! Well, I guess it's somewhat less stressful than an occupation in engineering, law or business in terms of the amount of time in/outside the office working for your firm/school.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah okay! Well, I guess it's somewhat less stressful than an occupation in engineering, law or business in terms of the amount of time in/outside the office working for your firm/school.
People who do finance and work in investment banks/firms suicide. Iirc there have been a few incidents reported in relation to this in the last 6 months.

williamdaft

HSC
People who do finance and work in investment banks/firms suicide. Iirc there have been a few incidents reported in relation to this in the last 6 months.
yeah :/ I know my cousins who majored in finance and work for investment banks.. They're indeed very busy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)