HOw long could it take? (1 Viewer)

martino1234

HSC
N/A
How long could it take to become a subject head teacher at a secondary school in NSW? Also which countries would pay more for teachers? I was hoping to teach in the UK or maybe US.

Also is it true private teachers get paid more than normal high school teachers?

I heard some teachers take up extra roles such as sports coordinator or year advisor for extra pay. Usually how much extra would this be?

I read a news article a while back about some teacher being fired for putting a student in a headlock for attacking him. How are teachers expected to legally deal with disruptive and violent kids? Is it true teachers aren't allowed to swear or yell?

Thank you :smile:

kimjuliana

HSC
1. My year advisor said she earned about $50 extra per a week when she took the role of year advisor.

2. Yes it true that teachers aren't allowed to swear, but yelling is permissible. However I've had some teacher swear and yell at a rowdy class.

3. The answer your question about how teachers deal with violent actions from students, is that they legally can't do anything. Teachers aren't allowed to touch students. I guess most teachers either yell or tell their head of staff if there's an extremely violent situation. There's not much they can do honestly, since the students are minors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)