Chemical Engineering or Mechanical engineering? (1 Viewer)

_deloso

HSC
still undecidable between these two courses. I like physics and chemistry equally so not really sure which one to pick. plus i'm considering chemical engineering in unsw and mechanical engineering in uts, unsw or usyd (preferably UTS due to transport and its internship.) What course and uni do you suggest is best for me? plus what are the job prospects for both engineering courses? I decided at the start of the year to pursue chem eng but half way through, I changed to mech eng cos the final year project was interesting however just recently, I'm 50/50 to the course i actually wanna do.

taeyang

HSC
Mechanical - UNSW

It really depends on what you like to do, i.e. if you like mathematical problems that would be in ext2 math or physics/engineering you would prefer mechanical, while if you like chem problems then I guess the other.

But I can't really, I am just going on sources from other people.

Job prospects - Salary: chemical > mechanical (usually)
Interaction: Mechanical > chemical
Funness!: Mechanical > Chemical (opinion based though)
Job Rate out of uni: last year 100% for both.

Last edited:

_deloso

HSC
Mechanical - UNSW

It really depends on what you like to do, i.e. if you like mathematical problems that would be in ext2 math or physics/engineering you would prefer mechanical, while if you like chem problems then I guess the other.

But I can't really, I am just going on sources from other people.

Job prospects - Salary: chemical > mechanical (usually)
Interaction: Mechanical > chemical
Funness!: Mechanical > Chemical (opinion based though)
Job Rate out of uni: last year 100% for both.
cool thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)