What is the Difference Between.. (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
B Engineering (Materials Science and Engineering)/ B Comm and B Engineering/B Comm???

Both are offered at UNSW, with same minimum atar requirement

HSC
Uni Grad
B Engineering (Materials Science and Engineering)/ B Comm and B Engineering/B Comm???

Both are offered at UNSW, with same minimum atar requirement
The Material Science and Engineering I suppose is not flexible (meaning you can only do that major), whereas Engineering/Comm is rather flexible and you pretty much can choose what you want to do

raghusi

HSC
ahh makes sense thanks =) i now i have no idea what i wanna do lol
seeing from ur previous posts- ur definitely confused! Just go with what you like- rather than chasin the money. AT UNSW(or at other unis maybe?) theres a 3 week period when you start uni- where you can switch and change courses- easy for u considering ur aim is 99.7 ATAR!

michaeljennings

HSC
seeing from ur previous posts- ur definitely confused! Just go with what you like- rather than chasin the money. AT UNSW(or at other unis maybe?) theres a 3 week period when you start uni- where you can switch and change courses- easy for u considering ur aim is 99.7 ATAR!
tbh the only thing im worried about is getting a job, i dont mind if i end up getting a job that has average pay..i jsut want a job! lol

The only thing that really interests me is maths and commerce so im trying to find something to do at uni that requires maths

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Maths+commerce=actuary. Pays very well. After a few years you'll be earning over 200k pa.

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
Maths+commerce=actuary. Pays very well. After a few years you'll be earning over 200k pa.
it is a very difficult degree with very few openings for graduates. in america there are only 3000 spots open for actuarial graduates every year. therefore it will be even less in Australia.
nevertheless it is rewarding if u do succeed and u can always transfer during uni if u find it too hard. therefore give actuarial a go.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I get my statistics from Unreliable sources. But the general consensus appears to be that actuaries are remunerated quite well. I read im some pamphlet distributed at unsw open day, titled 'more than maths', that a fully qualified Fellow earns over 200k per year.

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
I get my statistics from Unreliable sources. But the general consensus appears to be that actuaries are remunerated quite well. I read im some pamphlet distributed at unsw open day, titled 'more than maths', that a fully qualified Fellow earns over 200k per year.
they do but to get to that level takes years of prepation and hard work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)