Which engineering degree? (1 Viewer)

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Atm my atar prediction is 80 on the dot roughly. l know my external HSC exams have a big determing factor in my ATAR but just for this scenario we will go by that my ATAR will be roughly low 80's.

Which preference should l put higher? Diploma of engineering (UNSW) - ATAR (n/a), first time it is being implemented, l presume it is going to be 80-85 as there Bachelor of engineering course is 90.

OR

Bachelor of Engineering - 85 (UTS)

What is the pros and cons of doing diploma and bachelor? Main reason l want to do the diploma is the prestige of UNSW university.

Last edited:

soccer16

HSC
Atm my atar prediction is 80 on the dot roughly. l know my external HSC exams have a big determing factor in my ATAR but just for this scenario we will go by that my ATAR will be roughly low 80's.

Which preference should l put higher? Diploma of engineering (UNSW) - ATAR (n/a), first time it is being implemented, l presume it is going to be 80-85 as there Bachelor of engineering course is 90.

OR

Bachelor of Engineering - 85 (UTS)

What is the pros and cons of doing diploma and bachelor? Main reason l want to do the diploma is the prestige of UNSW university.
Dont do a diploma.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Reply to zomie...for diploma is for one year, once you finish that one year you go directly into the 2nd year Bachelor of Engineering program.

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
the diploma is if you get below 81 .... i enquired about it . But yeah , im in the same boat as you . I would go straight into uts if i get in there , but if i dont get in i would go to the unsw dipset #work hard and then transfer :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)