UNSW Prep Program (Engineering) or UWS Electrical Engineering (1 Viewer)

xNoLiMiTz

HSC
Hey guys, not sure which offer I should go to. Is it better to do UWS Electrical Engineering and transfer to UNSW Electrical Engineering or do the UNSW Prep Program (Engineering) and gain entry into flexible first year.

kingkong546

HSC
Do the prep program because some of the subject/units you do can transfer and it's pretty much guaranteed transfer if u have a decent mark whereas if you do uws u need credit average and none of the subjects are transferable because of the unsw credit recognition

Silly Sausage

HSC
To do the prep program (17-19) you have to be eligible for ACCESS which basically means that you're eligible for EAS. The UPP is 1.5 years long but can be shortened to 1yr if you well in the maths units. It is also free (except for SA fees) and you only do 3 subjects per semester instead of 4. Both need around credit average to enter the first year engineering. I would choose to do UPP since you've only done general maths and UNSW might not give you many transferable credits from your UWS studies so their is a chance that you'll have to many first year courses once you transfer anyway.

jennytnguyen

HSC
Hey I'm doing the program as well! So maybe I'll see you in a class or something even though I'm doing the commerce one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)