Electrical Engineering / Computer Science (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
If I do CS + EE and not do honours can I still get a good CS job with my EE thesis if its relevant

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Re: Double degree or single degree + honors?

no they're completely different fields.

turntaker

HSC

no they're completely different fields.
I would actually disagree
What if your major work is a microcontroller based which consists 70% coding

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

If I do CS + EE and not do honours can I still get a good CS job with my EE thesis if its relevant
Generally your skill set as an EE might be transferable to some certain CS roles, or possibly Software Eng or Comp Eng instead.

However if you want a purely CS job which requires a certain field in honours, you would want to do a CS honours instead. In this case you have to question if you would rather a role within CS or EE.

I would actually disagree
What if your major work is a microcontroller based which consists 70% coding
No CS and EE are indeed completely different fields.

If you are using a microcontroller as an EE, you will be interfacing with other systems. CS is not all about coding either.

turntaker

HSC

I think it all just comes down to experience the end

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I encourage you to ask all the questions you have in regards to this in here. The thread is here now so you can ask what you like lol.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
are you majoring in power.. i
Not necessarily called "majors". They are just electives. At the end of the day, you graduate as an EE. Your thesis will help in obtaining a role in a specific industry (and your thesis is usually related to your electives) however you can still get jobs in many parts of EE.

In terms of electives, I'm not too sure at the moment but I could go with the Power stream. I'll probably make a final decision on this in a year's time.

turntaker

HSC
Not necessarily called "majors". They are just electives. At the end of the day, you graduate as an EE. Your thesis will help in obtaining a role in a specific industry (and your thesis is usually related to your electives) however you can still get jobs in many parts of EE.

In terms of electives, I'm not too sure at the moment but I could go with the Power stream. I'll probably make a final decision on this in a year's time.
power is boring dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)