Cadetships for civil/mining engineering. (1 Viewer)

vitamin D

HSC
Hey guys,

i'm in year 12, completing my HSC. I hear a cadetship is a very good opportunity for experience and earning money at the same time. However i don't really know much about "cadetships" are specifically. My questions are;1. Is it hard to get one ? 2. When is the earliest i can apply for a cadetship? 3. What is it like?

Thank you

chinmayagupta

HSC
N/A
best if u contact your year advisor, he/she will definitely help you or best if you call the uni to find about more

astroman

HSC

1. Is it hard to get one ?

Yes, mostly you have to satisfy a set criteria. Usually interviews are involved. Most Cadetships are offered on the basis of intelligence and interest in studying the desired course. Others are offered on varying grounds such as finincial issues, are you experiencing hardships with your studies due to internal/external factors, are you of aboriginal or torres strait island background, etc.

2. When is the earliest i can apply for a cadetship?
it varies from uni to uni. Mostly near abouts the trials but some open before, check on uni websites for 'cadetships'

3. What is it like?

I hear that you just get paid employment with your work, and this increases your chances of being hired full time after graduation. I am not fully sure though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)